who lives closest to the Allison factory?

Speedman

I talked to Nancy at the factory today, My boatmate trailer is starting to rust to the point of needing some serious work. She quoted me a price of 3500 for a new one and said she had a used one lying around in excellent shape for around 2k, single axle with brakes. I was wondering if any members lived close by and may be able to look at for me? Thanks, Gary

D

DarthVMAX

Speedman, if you ever make it over to FastBass there is a guy named Chad Phillips who lives real close to the plant. Perhaps he may be available to check it out for you. :?:

ragtopvet

Hey Speedman,i live about 45 minutes from the plant and am going there tomorrow,i'll look at trailer for you and take some pics if u like.Give me your e-mail address and i'll send them to u tomorrow.
Jeff

brotherxb03

Not to bash boatmate,but I wouldn't buy another one unless it was galvanized. I have a 1998 single axle painted and it getting in bad shape.Even though some people think aluminum trailer are ugly thats what I am getting. Allison is such a well made boat and the boatmate trailer is deseigned well except for the lights in the rear crossover and the crap prime and top coat. A rectangular frame should be coated inside and out with a goo quality coating,no matter is the finished trailed cost a few hundred more.

Speedman

why this site is great

Thanks so much for the pictures! That's why I love this sight, always someone willing to help!