What's are the effects of Octane?

whipper

For me also as Todd explained its not the octain that makes me like the aces. Its all the other beniffits. The injector cleaning and lubrication are the main ones for me. Not to mention the stabilizer. Great all purpose product thats tryed and true for 2 stokes. Theres lots of engine builders and after market product designers for outboards like Todd that use this in there personal motors. That says somthing to me.

DragAlly02

I uses to stop in and fill up on 112 race fuel in my Harley every now and then no harm in high octane, also I think from what I have read is the higher octane burns a little cooler, jmho

Mike

patches

It'll burn cooler if you don't have the required compression to burn it. That's cause you aren't getting a complete burn. There's no performance advantage to higher octane fuel. The performance advantage comes from higher compression, high octane is just a tool to allow you to run higher compression

whipper

It'll burn cooler if you don't have the required compression to burn it. That's cause you aren't getting a complete burn. There's no performance advantage to higher octane fuel. The performance advantage comes from higher compression, high octane is just a tool to allow you to run higher compression
I like how you put that Patches. Thats the simplest best explanation ive heard in regards to this.