Wearing Hunter Orange

RedAllison

Yep just STUPID, terrible for ALL involved but such a needless and senseless trajedy! :very sad I'm guilty of taking my orange off once I get in my stand or blind. But ANYTIME I'm going to be up and moving you can bet I have it on. You never know WHO is out there and might bust you from 400yds.

70'? I just can't believe folks still "shoot at movement". A "hunter" with such tendancies was bound and determined to make such a fatal mistake sooner or later. I'm so danged picky about the trophy and shot placement I've let deer walk that I otherwise could've easily killed. But I just can't imagine thinking, "Hey somethings moving behind that cedar tree KABLAM!!!" :gasp Typically isn't much "reviving" of someone hit in the torso with a big game caliber rifle.

And of course the hunting world gets ANOTHER black eye in the media. :rolling eyes
RA

Blue Gray in PA

Just ran across this one again. The father of one of the guys I work with was shot recently during spring gobbler season here in PA. He was near his house and was walking back toward home with no orange on since PA now allows turkey hunters to hunt with no orange regardless of if they are moving or in a stationary blind - previously you had to wear orange when moving but not when you're in your blind - just run an orange band around the tree.

He was standing behind a tree resting with his leg up on an adjacent stump and when he stepped forward to continue walking, a 45-year-old guy shot him from 40 yards away - with a 10 gauge shotgun. Fifty pellets total penetrated his leg, abdomen, both arms and neck piercing his thyroid gland. He lived and was home after one day in the hospital and a few weeks off work. Very lucky man to say the least.

Hotprop

Administrator
Sounds like he wuz very lucky !!! They tell you to wear that orange for a reason so do it !! Just like they make life jackets for you to wear so wear them, guys we dont want to be making a post about you!!!