Watts bar rally itinerary?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know it’s pretty loose, but anybody have any ideas of what day there’s a spring city run, a kingston run up the Emory and maybe to harriman, a Long Island run, etc…? Need to do just a little bit of planning.

Allyfishing

Brian.....I wish I could answer that question. If I had to guess, beings that Spring City is open for food all week (Skewby-correct me if I'm wrong) that will be an early week run. Blue Springs doesn't open til Thursday. Skewby mentioned another place close to Blue Springs but I forget the name. Not sure when they open.

I know Caney Creek restaurant is supposed to be open again but not sure what days??? You been up there or have any idea?? How about Marla's place at Long Island Marine?? She was planning on getting some kind of restaurant open a while back?? That will determine what days we do what??

Sorry I can't be any more help??

Allyfishing

I searched the restaurant/marina near Blue Springs. It's the cove next to it and its called Bayside. They show on their website that the restaurant is open but no days or hours listed. I emailed them

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't been to Caney Creek since that one year we went and had to wait forever. Last I seen Long Island often has food trucks up there, would have to check on their schedule though. Just curious because I wanna bring the kids on the Kingston day, it's a lot nicer at the sandbar on the Emory river for them than Sugar Valley or Sand Island.

Ally-Sun

Looking forward to all the spots. The Sand Bar and the Emory run were a great time last year. We need to do that again for sure. I also want to see Long Island. Never been there before, I took a left when I should have taken a right! Haha!!!

RoseXB03

Caney Creek is good and open Thursday thru Sunday
Blue Springs is open Thursday thru Sunday
Long Island has food trucks Saturday and Sunday
Bayside, I believe is open Friday - Sunday

Ally-Sun

Along with a few runs to the Bars...the sand and beverage kind. I have spoke to a couple of guy who want to try some props. I have a couple that don't work with the 300R I will be parting ways with. Maybe we could have a prop test and tune session during the week. So if you have an extra prop or two you wouldn't mind selling, bring them along.

Allyfishing

Dave, that's something ya'll can do early in the morning. A few rally's ago guys got up a bit earlier to do some prop testing before the boat traffic picked up. YOu can organize that?

Ally-Sun

Dave, that's something ya'll can do early in the morning. A few rally's ago guys got up a bit earlier to do some prop testing before the boat traffic picked up. YOu can organize that?
Will do Craig, I will find out from Skewby what morning the Performance Propellers shop visit is and work around that. Maybe later in the week with more people coming after Wednesday. We can chat about it when we are on a sandbar somewhere early in the week. Look forward to seeing you and Jen!

Ally-Sun

So looks like the visit with Billy Eaves at Performance Propellers is going to be Wednesday morning. So let's plan(...ish) for Thursday morning on Sand Island. We can come up with a definitive time early in the week. I am thinking to depart Terrace View @8 a.m to beat the wake traffic. It would be a nice @6 mile morning cruise to the island for some prop test and tune time.