War 2014

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
http://www.campfarwestlake.net

Nominating Camp Far West. Popular hot boat hangout - good water - 2 ramps.

Nearest city is Lincoln, CA, there is a Holiday Inn Express there with rooms for $100 per night plus complimentary breakfast etc. It's 10.9 miles from the lake.

For lunches, we could grill at the lake. For dinners, we could eat in Lincoln--seems to have some decent options. Also plenty of fuel in Lincoln.

OK so bring on the :punch

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/lincoln/licca/hoteldetail?destination=Lincoln%2C+CA%2C+United+States&checkInDate=01&checkInMonthYear=042014&checkOutDate=05&checkOutMonthYear=042014&ratePreference=6CBARC&numberOfAdults=1&numberOfChildren=0&numberOfRooms=1&sortBy=BRAND_SORT&smokingPref=3&roomPref=3_3&brands=hi%2Csl%2Css%2Cex%2Crs%2Css%2Ccv%2Cic%2Ccp%2Can%2Cin%2Csb%2Ccw%2C6C

Last edited:

badbait

My thoughts on Camp Far West. I think it would work if you guys want to camp out. In my opinion approximately 11 miles is a long way to go in for lunch. It seems to me that a lot of us are doing our own thing like prop testing and cruising to the resturant for a drink or lunch by boat. You can drive around the shore line in no more than 6 to 8 minutes. It is a little bit like going to the After Bay over in Oroville but not quite as much shore line. There is what they call the quarter mile cove where the V-Drive guys like to hang which would be a good place to camp. Could be a lot of fun if we camp but not so much if we were running back and forth to town possibly drunk. Just my opinion since I've been there quite a few times.

John Richied

There is what they call the quarter mile cove where the V-Drive guys like to hang which would be a good place to camp.
:big grin "campin' baby"

That could be fun and or get your arse handed to ya… either way I think most of those guy would find a new respect for a “bass boat” They probably already know since Bill's been there.

I bet Kevin and Jay would show up for camp far west I know they use to hang out there a lot; however I thought we decided on going to Berryessa for our 2014 rally. :confused

Last edited:

O'Brien 21

hey, has anyone thought about Almanor??? I think one of our members knows it quite well. Of course this is only if we don't go to Berrybessa:shock:

John Richied

I think I remember someone leaving the WAR early one year to fish a tournament there. Something about having to PEE on the lockers to melt the ice so they could open them.
I remember that too Gary

O'Brien 21

Hey, it was only about 3" of snow and about 25 deg in the morning! this was after rain in the evening. It also snowed on us during the tour. I guess being so close to gaybay does make ya kinda a wuss. I had forgotten how crappy the weather was:idiot

SLOmofo

I was keeping it Gene, you should appreciate it.

Hey John, whens that boat get together up there. Did/are you going?

Gene did I hear your seeing someone? Hopefully of the opposite sex, I'm not talking about the my mom that's always at your side.

DONNY

you all are Gay so just let me know where all your bitches want to go I will be there. out.