WANTED High 5

R

Redding XB21

I'm looking for a prop to tow grandkids skiing & tubing. I have the removable hub system on the 250XS. I was thinking a 22-24 pitch?

Gene

catfish123

Just an opinion because I have had several High 5's..........do yourself a favor and buy a low pitched Trophy.

Last edited:

catfish123

I have had them in 3 different pitches. They are excellent at pulling tubes and skiers however I have found the lower pitched Trophy's to be just as good. The High 5 provides absolutely no bow lift, quickly runs high rpm's, and tops out on my boat at a good 10 mph at least, slower than a Trophy of similar pitch. Gas mileage with them is bad. I run a 23 Trophy for pulling tubers etc, and it does everything the High 5's did without the drawbacks. Some will disagree but I will never own another one of them.

V6MERC

I see... I kind of thought they wouldn't have much bow lift with those small blades they have... I guess I'll look for a Trophy or maybe a TXP OT4(cheaper) down the road... Thanks for your help, Bro.!!! :cool

R

Redding XB21

Thanks for all the input. I guess I'll hold out for a low pitch trophy:relax:

whipper

I use a 28drag4 for tubing and skiing over my 25 trophy. Even at 28 it performece just as good as my 25trophy!! I think a 24-25 Drag4 buy Performance Propellers would be awsome on your rig! I would also give Todd a call at hydromotive because he can surely hook you up also! i tube and ski ALOT! and my choises would be Trophy,Drag4,and Hydromotive. I have never tryed the hydromotives but I have heard buy alot of reputable people they just plain hook up! The Drag4 is also a wicked prop for hole shot and has LOTS of stern lift and great midrange and topend. Under rated prop!:big grin James

Last edited: