Wanted 20' Alumaweld Pad Vee

Dave Hensley

Looking for Alumaweld, Express or G3, 20' with the pad vee bottom. Have Allison XB 2002 for potential trade. Prefer dual console but would consider other deck lay outs. Boat and trailer only.

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
I think Glenn has some :). Just buy new. You know you want one.

Dave Hensley

Can't afford a new one. Just want something I can pack everything I own for fishing into, pull the carpet out, spray bed liner in it and hang a 250 XS on it. I forego fishing trips in the winter because of not wanting to get my boat out in the slop and especially when the roads have been treated with brine. My fishing partner has an 18' with a 115 Opti. Runs and handles like a dream. Not big enough for both of us to fish off the front and vertical fishing for crappie over brush piles well.....the guy in back might as well be throwing up on the bank.

Dave Hensley

That thing is going to scream with a 250 on it.
They are pretty slow. Shaping a welded aluminum bottom vs. a molded plastic hull is different. What they give up in speed they gain back in pure toughness. They are heavy too.

Jon

Supporting Member
I only say the fast comment as Glenn was getting 66 out of one of his which he put a lip onto - so fast may be a relative term here. Fast for aluminum.

Jon

Supporting Member
It wasn't bigger for sure. It was sitting under the aluminum carport behind his garage for a long time. Ask him about it sometime - I'm not sure I would have wanted to go that fast in it :)

2HOT4U

I have a 1990 Razor . It is a pressed aluminum bottom with fiberglass top. single console/that I might consider selling. It's 19' I hit 68 mph GPS with a 1995 200 carb. engine. Had a 2.5 pro max on it but I think my ECU is bad so I put the carb. 200 on it. I also had an express 21 dual console but the ride wasn't really a good ride in the rough stuff(TOLEDO BEND).