VST delete-1 more time again

XB03AllyProud

Hey all, I'm in the process of VST delete and putting Bosch in the boat etc. I have a JSRE Promax 225 and had a Jeg's low pressure pump set #3.5-#4 feeding the VST which is the old original style with a external Bosch and the U hose for suction from VST not inside the VST style pump setup. I've been thru all the threads on this subject between here and SnF threads, some of the old threads the pictures are no longer available. That's what I'd like to see-pictures of the bleed lines etc. OR confirmation on my questions to follow. I am missing or it's never really addressed but there are 2 fittings with tygon lines up on the injector housing next to the inlet and outlet fuel lines nipples. In this delete operation 1 goes to fuel regulator which looks to be the top line and Best I can see/ tell is the other is plugged off-is this correct? I've zoomed in on a lot of pro stock and promax motor pictures with the delete, Paul's(pkstv) motors which I always drool over but can never see clearly if that 2nd fitting is plugged. I assume it is since I don't see a line going any where. I get the rest as far as running the line off the top of the whisker valve back to the fuel tank. Next question-can my existing smaller Promax Bosch pump work from in the boat mounting or do I have to step up to the larger Bosch pump for 280's etc? Is the pressure loss thru approximately 6' of hose too much with the Pump mounted on wall in bottom corner by tank. Also do you think I can get by with using the suction standpipe in my XB2002 tank going down low to the pump? Should I keep primer bulb in suction line to pump so after sitting for long periods I can ensure pump has full line of gas to start sucking with? What's everyone's thoughts on the progressive linkage with this setup- any benefit to disabling it and having all butterflies open at same time/rate? Jay built a awesome motor but I wasn't happy with the low pressure pump in the boat and I hope to improve/ ensure all the fuel needed is made available and I wanted to clean up and clear air path with the removal of the VST and filter on other side. I should of got a slide intake when Jay built the motor 4 years ago but didn't and now regret it. Hell I only have 14.5 hrs on it in these 4 years. Thanks for the help and clarity.

XB03AllyProud

Excellent, thanks much Paul. I was gonna pm you in a day or so if I needed to. Now I can see the cap on the lower nipple up there. Your pictures are always sweet but just enough angle on the previous ones that I couldn't see that nipple. I'm gonna be going by Summit next week and get some more fittings. I got the Aeromotive regulator and some fittings back in Dec. Summit online for that regulator says 35-70 I believe for adjustable range but when I just opened the package a few days ago it states 40 psi for low end. I'm running stock ECU and if I remember correctly Jay and Rich had pressure tweaked to #39 based on build and injectors Rich tested/cleaned. Anyway, anyone have input if my "regular" Promax Bosch pump will be enough in this plumping setup? I hope so, it was new at time of build plus I have another new in box backup. Thanks all for future input/ comments.

Ally-Sun

I doubt that stock pump will have enough pressure .
Mr. Paul is correct, has the cleanest set up I have seen, and helped me tremendously when I rebuilt my ProMax. I originally researched using the stock pump as well. It does not have the power to pump the fuel switching to the VST delete. I opted for the Bosch 044 which is what Mr. Paul suggested. I can add that I had the stock pick up tube in my tank and the Bosch pump picked it up just fine. I also added the progressive linkage after this pic was taken. It made a WORLD of difference even without the SVS.

Ally-Sun

No worries man, people helping people...it's a powerful thing! ;) Like Mr. Paul said Brenden has them on his sight. I ordered mine straight from Dave off FB messenger.

Good luck and enjoy your season!