Trying to breath new life into a 1978 17' XST

CamTra

I know most of y'all have newer Allisons but maybe someone can lead me in the right direction. I have either an '85 or a '78 17' XST bass boat that I am going to attempt to restore. It needs a new transem and new stringers and floors. I am in the process of pulling the cap off. Everything was going good until I got to the back. I just wonder how they got in some of the places to tie the cap to the bottom. Anyway, does anybody have ANY tips to help me get this cap off? Any advice is welcomed!!!:help

RedAllison

Call the factory and ask Darris what he'd do. Now he'll give you a 30 minute explanation for a 5 minute answer, but when done you'll have NO questions left and he'll solve future problems you haven't even thought of yet.

Might even can make up some stuff you might need. I remember just a couple/few years ago someone was restoring a hull like yours and had a broken rear hatch lid. They scrambled trying to find something that could be "made to work". They called the factory and imagine everyone's shock when Todd and Darris told the fellow they could build a brand spankin new lid. Try calling anyother boat maker for fiberglass parts for a 70s model.

Good luck, :wink
RA