Trolling Motor Removable Mount

Jon

Supporting Member
Anyone run one of the trolling motor mounts like on the XB2003 for sale in the forum? They may be more common than what I know, but people just leave the trolling motor on. Are they sturdy? Just as good as mounting the trolling motor directly?

I like the idea of the mount, and pulling the troller off on occasion. It looks like the trolling motor could scuff the the top cap, but I'm sure there is a way to solve for that.

Jon

Supporting Member
Swapping between 2 boats is something I hadn't considered... and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it. Thats a great use for it. Those trollers are expensive, and no reason to have 2. I would say the same about boats, but you can never have too many boats.

BigRWater

I have the MinnKota Quick Release Bracket on my 2003. It is pretty slick. I have 2 different trolling motors. The bracket allows quick removal and/or change out of the trolling motors. I recommend for these purposes. My Bracket is mounted on top of a thick carbon graphite support, so it does not directly touch the boat.

22R

I bought mine bout 20 years ago when I got the boat. I have not used the trolling motor in years but it is so low profile I never pulled it off.
I don't think these are made anymore I think I bought it from Basspro but not sure ??

22R1527715278