Trim Gauge....

ROBERT CROSS

........finally broke down and got a real one that works.;)

No room on the GS dash that didn't entail a lot of cutting, but I thought this was a pretty good compromise.

14' of cable worked fine with no bends of more than 45 degrees, not cheep but the quality & service are first rate.

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
Bob, do you have a pen on your dash just above your key? I also see an LCD number display of some sort. Give us a shot of your dash, it looks interesting.

ROBERT CROSS

Jon,

Nothing very fancy....all stock Allison gauges, the 'pen' is a pointer I use to mark waypoints on the Garmin GPS. I added an hour meter just above the pointer, a cylinder head temp gauge and the blue LCD is a volt meter. Only other change I made was to wire the shifter trim switch to use as the 'start in gear' button. The ignition switch still works as designed and will only start in neutral.DSC07660.JPGDSC08456.JPG

Jon

Supporting Member
Looks pretty fancy to me! In your hour meter slot is where my jack plate gauge is. I do like the idea of using the trim button as a neutral safety switch.

whipper

Wow Rob your jack and setback, engine, boat, dash, well everything is soooooo Clean!!!:D Looks great!!! i like how your phone or GPS ?is setup also might have to borrow that idea for my phone. .:cool: I have a Galixy note is thats big and throw it on the passanger seat. I have a charger on board for it runs of the stereo. that would be a great spot to put it beside the switches with a holder or Velcro. I use it lots for the gopro and stuff but never have a good spot for it untill now..;)

ROBERT CROSS

Robert,
Where did you buy the trim gauge? I cannot find them online for sale.
Stainless Marine contact is
Letty Alejo
Stainless Marine, Inc.
13800 NW 19th Avenue
Opa Locka FL 33054
Ph. 305-681-7893 x 15
Fax 305-685-1457

Just make sure she knows exactly what motor your running, they assumed my 225x was an offshore and sent the wrong sending bracket. She sent the right one out right away with a return shipping label, good service and Letty is very easy to deal with.

Been out with it twice so far...sure is nice not having to twist 'yer head around trying to guess where your set at. No more stressing the pump when you hit the bump stop.:confused:
I'm still learning what settings are best for what speeds, 50mph= 3 on the trim at even with the pad, boy gizmo's are fun when the work!!!:cool:

Whipper...thanks', your comment it means a lot as your GS is one of my favorites on the board.
The Garmin GPS is on a suction cup mount. I've found that it stays put pretty well if I wipe the dash and cup with Windex before attaching.
I was considering new gauges but my co-pilot likes the black dash...I won't argue.

Very interesting at the launch ramp yesterday....had two fella's approach, Fountain and Baja, asking a whole lot of questions. First time they've seen a GS in the flesh. Baja guy said he had an OB Checkmate once and always wanted a 225x motor. Asked me how it ran so I offered to run them t0 70 but was turned down.:rolleyes:
I sure like being #QUICK

Boy I LOVE this Boat!!

Bob

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

Looks pretty fancy to me! In your hour meter slot is where my jack plate gauge is. I do like the idea of using the trim button as a neutral safety switch.
Jon,

Here is the thread I started when I did the start in gear wiring mod. On the GSE the hardest part was locating the proper wires. Nice thing is there is no need for an add-on switch and it still has to be in neutral to start with the key.(keeping it legal)
I use it a lot by shutting down with the emergency lanyard switch, flip it back on and hitting the up/down shifter trim button to re-start in gear. Also handy for compression checks or when you want to crank w/o powering the ignition system.

On another note...is there a way to find the threads you posted on or started ?. It took a lot of searching to find that thread I started several years ago.

Bob