THEME for WEDNESDAY LUNCH

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
-IT'S the 60th ANNIVERSARY of ALLISON BOATS this year!!-

..And for fun, I thought we should have a theme that people could get into character for. If they want. First I thought ok, Hawaiian...then I thought (YAWN). We need something with a bit more DRAMA.

So, there is a definite THEME for this year's grill for those of you who wish to participate.....Think: Stranded on a deserted island that is mysterious....sort of LOST meets CASTAWAY meets GILLIGAN'S ISLAND and you've got it. Dress in tatters. Burnt even; from crash, or shipwreck.

Think Tropical. If you don't wanna wear rags, go Hawaiian or headhunter or...C'mon you Type-A OCD's, USE your IMAGINATION. There's enough brain trust on this board to organize a space mission, so show us what you got and let your freak flag fly.

I've got a couple surprises planned too. Nothing earth-shaking so set expectations low. And YES; Darris and Nancy Allison have indicated they will join our group of outlaw castaways!

The "lunch" is now an open-ended party as well, so feel welcome to stay late if you want. I've got fireworks too.

We have 66 sign-ups here, plus maybe a third to half again many more coming from the cove and who knows where.

Oh yeah; many of the neighbors have kindly consented to let us use their docks. i'll attempt to have them signed so you know they are ok. Generally speaking, any of the 2 docks in either direction from mine are ok. But not the big one that's under construction...I hear that guy is well....,,,,,y'know.

The beach parking is available on a first-come basis, and if it fills up everywhere, y'all can start tying together and come across boats.

12:30PM, June 24th, Wednesday.

"The Island isn't done with you yet!"

Allyfishing

And it is not suitable for inhabitants!!!! Too many broken rum bottles scattered about from the "Pirates of the Carribean"..........hahahahahahahaah

this is gonna be fun!!!!!!

Allyfishing

you got it dave........btw, Lou just told us where that "mysterious" kayak came from. He found out it was left behind by some little girl who lives nearby and was playing near that area and stepped on glass and had to go to the hospital for stitches!!! How bout that! We need to hang a first aid kit on that tree with what you described above!!

Dave Hensley

you got it dave........btw, Lou just told us where that "mysterious" kayak came from. He found out it was left behind by some little girl who lives nearby and was playing near that area and stepped on glass and had to go to the hospital for stitches!!! How bout that! We need to hang a first aid kit on that tree with what you described above!!
Ouch!! How is your foot doing? It could have been a lot worse given the size of that piece of glass. I think I will go early and park at the dock.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Thank you Craig for locating the invasion countermeasure I purposely deployed in 1967.

In all seriousness I am truly sorry your luck seems to have aligned with mine. I made countless and deep rakes of the beach precisely to keep this sort of thing from happening. The action of the water on the shore is relentless and that massive, sharp broken bottle must have surfaced....or its "business end"exposed...quite recently.

From your unfortunate incident and that of Norman's granddaughter, it's obvious the point must be made (no pun intended) that everyone should wear water shoes at minimum while in the water at the beach.

I hate that you or anyone got hurt and thank you for pulling that buried monster out of the bottom. It was a wicked jar or bottle bottom with a massive 3" point on an edge and I still can't believe it was "found" so easily. Was it your first step off the boat?

Dave Hensley

It all looks good Lou. The beach is cool. The Cessna would look good hanging in a tree! I will watch for hazards both above and below water level. Especially the two-legged variety.