Thanks to all who attended the Knoxville 2012 rally

Allyfishing

Just wanted to say that on behalf of those who worked on hammering out the details on putting together the rally, that if were not for YOU the owners/participants, it would not have been the success it was.

We are grateful that after the depressing news of Euchee literally throwing us under the bus and kicking us out, we rallied, sought out a new location, new headquarters at the Terrace View and ended up, in my opinion, a better than expected Knoxville Rally 2012 @ Watts Bar, TN!!!!!!!.

I, myself, am very grateful to Joe Harrel for taking on the rally 3 years ago when it may have just ended right then and there. He did it all himself (including all the expenses) the past two years til this year when he allowed me to help (after some coaxing last year) with this years event.

My wife asked me how in the world am I going to help organize an event in TN living in Pennsylvania.....so I picked up the phone and called Roger Mills (I remembered meeting him last year) and thats how we got SKEWBY!!!!!!!!!

Skewby claims that he played on the line in his former football days but the way he picked up the ball and ran with it after he got involved was like Forrest Gump running right on out the stadium!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

We all have Skewby to thank and that's why I wanted to put up this post.......he pretty much single handedly organized the entire week. All I had to do was nudge here and there once in a while and he did the rest. INCLUDING, the day Euchee bailed on us and Skewby found HOJO's!!!!!

So thanks to Joe for never giving up, Roger for offering up his knowledge of the area and SKEWBY for doing all the ground work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obama has nothing over Skewby as a community organizer!!!! LOL!!!

Thanks Skewby!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't have done it without ya!!

northGa

I can't say it enough - Thank you to all involved who made this thing possible, it was the first one we had have attended in years and I hope to make it a regular thing in the future!

max200

Glad everyone had fun sorry I missed this one. Spent the last two weeks in hospital with kidney stones. Really wanted to attend this one. Next year will i be there for sure. Drew!

DOUBLE J

Had a blast. Will definetly be back next year. Thanks to all who help put this event on. And Skewby has a huge fan......my wife! (cause she likes his driving style and speeds..lol).. if I can help next year in anyway feel free to ask...I already going to donate a box of imported cigars for the raffle..

john4utvols

Great post Craig, skewby is the man. He opened his house to alot of strangers and let us treat it like our own. I like terrace view and the folks that run it, but im not eating that hot *** chicken challange again. I still dont know how i got nominated for that. put us down for a room next year. Great job

etnprop

One last item that should be mentioned is our 2012 sponsors.... they are listed on the Tshirts an we appreciate their support. Thanks to Darris and Nancy for hosting a visit to the plant, donating door prizes and lunch Wednesday as well as taking the time to bring a boat and hang out and visit on Friday. Glenn Reynolds generously bought dinner for everyone in attendance on Friday night and brought boats two nights. The prop Billy Eaves donated was a big hit. Craig and Jenn brought a truck load of beverages and prizes to give away and there are many more listed on the shirts... keep these people in mind as you spend your money in the coming year.

Joe

Last edited:

Ali II

We had a great time too and thanks for everyones hard work. But I am sleeping better without hearing a train every hour, we will definitely stay at Terrace View next year!

DOUBLE J

Yeah, I thought the same thing(Staying @ Terrace View) would be so much easier. I don't know how the accomodations would be tho...

resqu-u

It was a great time! Hopefully we can get the entire Terrace View hotel area booked for the rally. The rooms were nice, include an in water slip, and use of the pool for the week. That's were I'll be next year, I'll be booking my room as soon as I hear the word on the dates.

Allyfishing

I have the terrace view booked for next year!! All of their rooms except the cottage. It was already booked

I tried to get arrowhead as well. they are already booked solid for the motel rooms. I am to check with them after labor day on cabin availability

I am going to contact lakeside (it was directly across from terrace past the stump field) to see if they have rooms. If not there's always hojo's. Trains aren't too bad. It's the guys hooting at the trains that cracked me up!!!!!

rmills280

before stump field, you have to go past lakeside but it looks like a good place to air out thats why i was trying to keep everybody turning in.

Allyfishing

Oops.....that's right...ya have to turn off to the left and not run straight into the stump field. good call Roger!!

Hey Roger....on your lake travels how about stopping by and talk to Matt and see if he can give us the rooms for the week next year??

Thanks
Craig

rmills280

i'll have my salesman skewby talk to him that is if he don't run off to wyOOming.