tempest plus on xbo3

RedAllison

Thats what Jaco put on my boat when new for a "learner prop". Now remember I run a 225SS motor which has a weak bottom end with large hub props, but the Tempest was a DAAAAWWWWWGGGGG out of the hole. It would take 100yds to plane a heavy load and would NOT even plane off with a butt in every seat. I never GPSd that prop but Jerry said it should do low 80s on the limiter and it certainly WOULD slam the limiter in no time. I traded it straight up for a 24" RE3 that I play around with for farts n giggles and don't regret the trade for one second!

For a beataround fishin prop I bought a 26 Trophy the next summer and like even more the 27" Trophy that I now have!
RA

brotherxb03

I have a carb 200,2.5,which with a 25 tempest has a killer hole shot.It just I turn it 7 grand,a little too high for stock pistons ect for me. It had a good hole shot on my old 18ft,1050 lb bass boat and on the allison it's kick ass. It gets up good even with a stock 28 chopper-2. Of course I only have been running with a fishing load and only me in the boat.I weigh 225,but It isn't the dead of summer yet which hurts your hole shot even when you are below sea level. I tried my brothers 26 trophy and it had a good hole shot and that was with 3 people,dog kennel with two beagles,guns,hip boots ect. Never thought I rabbit hunt out of an allison.

RedAllison

lmao, usin your A-boat for a huntin boat in da byu, I don't recall a XB2003Perot version! JUST when you thought you had seen it all. Might as well go fast and in comfort WHENEVER you're on the water!

I bet THATS one Darris and Nancy never forsaw when designing the XB2003 (or ANYOTHER boat of theirs for that matter) :lol:
RA

brotherxb03

My wife said that last post was shure to get a reply or two. MY brother has a rocket which has no carpet and we had used it about 3 times to go rabbit hunting in the marsh. Well he kept after me to use my boat till I finally went in it. My wife could not beleive when I bought my other bass boat new in 91 when I used it brand new to go rabbit hunting. I did this for 14 years using a new stearns boat cover I cut and secured over the deck when hunting. And I just sold it a few week back and the guy that bought it said he couldn't beleive it was a 91 model how good it looked.

brotherxb03

Well I finally went fishing with the 27 tempest and had all the gromets in. Came out the hole good at the lanch. Then when I went to get up after the second hole,bog city had to pick up the hydralic plate all the way. Then the last time I got up when it cooled off about 630 pm it got up good. Might get a 1" spacer plate and pull the plugs out and try.