Taurus Firearms?

B

BP

Saw a Taurus "Raging Bull" in .44 mag at the local sporting goods store. Shiny thing caught my eye like a new penny, but I also know all that glitters is not Gold.
Is Taurus considered a quality manufacturer or are they a knock off brand?
I know they have been around for awhile now but don't know anyone with firsthand knowledge of them.

Thnx,
BP

RedAllison

BP in the last decade or so Taurus has become a REALLY GOOD handgun maker. 20 years ago yes they were a cheap, Brazilian S&W copy. Today they are considered one of the top handgun makers in the business. They have a lifetime warranty and I have sold thousands of them over the years and rarely do I see an actual failure. The autos is what I have sold the most of, their revolvers are even that much stronger.

The Raging Bull is one hellacious handgun and is generally compared quality wise too the Ruger Redhawk as well as Smiths big framed series of magnum revolvers. I wouldn't hesitate owning one, you get a quality piece without paying an extra $200-$400 for a name.

If you REALLY want some handcannon fun look for a Raging Bull in the .454 Casull,
RA

B

BP

Thanks for the feedback, RA!!!
Hehe,I saw the "handcannon" on their website.You can't beat wretched excess.
Thats what I would be looking for..A sturdy, large caliber,large frame revolver.
And after perusing the Taurus website, that 1911 copy looks fine too and maybe a .40 cal and ...... Boy I need to back into this hobby again like a another hole in my wallet :shock:

RedAllison

BP if you REALLY wanna handcannon take a look at the new .460 S&W. We have a couple at work including a 10.5" barreled edition from the Performance Shop. It is really a 300yd deer revolver but you can also shoot .45 Long Colt and .454 Casull in it for "play"...

45cal 2500fps "handgun"!!! :wink:
RA

B

BP

LOL thanks RA. Of course I had to go to the S&W site and have a looksee.
A 460 XVR w/ hoghunter laser grip would do nicely. Like you said..you can step down to .45 Long Colt for playin.
Have you fired one?