Summertime cleanup

resqu-u

All clean and polished. The pinstripes left a little ghosting but I like it with them off. Bench seat should be here soon and I'm going to put a yellow Bimini top on. Man these boats are pretty!

Attachments

travelmappers

SWEET! Getting that time of year where everybody will be getting ready for boating season where its not too uncomfortable to fly down the river.

flying07

Looks good! I actually want to do the same, few questions if that's ok:
did you use boatmate's paint or powdercoat or?
What did you use to re-cover the bunks? I know boatmate sells the 'carpet'
Any tips or tricks?
Did you spray anything inside the trailer tubes?
Gotta love rust-mate trailers. . . i mean boatmate. . haha. . . thanks!!

Luketrician

I like the set up there..I would like to rig up something like that with the jack stands with my boat..I need to work replace bunks on my rust mate..

resqu-u

I hate to admit but after all of the cleaning and work to coat the inside of the frame tubes I got rid of the boatmate this fall. I went to an aluminum I-beam single axle. It's not a pretty but with the salty water I deal with most of the year was the right decision for the long haul. I used a frame coating from eastwood but still have my doubts that it would have held up.....

flying07

PM me or let me know what trailer you got and approx pricing. I"m a GS, so same bottom. I don't have salt, but some rust around the bunks bugs the crap out of me! I'm probably too anal. . haha