Steve McNair dead @ 36.

RedAllison

DAMN, what terrible news today. :sad As a Titan fan I cheered him on from the stands many seasons including the 99-01 "heyday" when the Titan's first moved too Nashville. Sounds like a "crime of passion", mighta been in the wrong place at the wrong time. :embarassed

http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=10643916

He was a GOOD QB and tough as nails, RIP Steve.
RA

Scott Gilmore

DAMN, what terrible news today. :sad As a Titan fan I cheered him on from the stands many seasons including the 99-01 "heyday" when the Titan's first moved too Nashville. Sounds like a "crime of passion", mighta been in the wrong place at the wrong time. :embarassed

http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=10643916

He was a GOOD QB and tough as nails, RIP Steve.
RA
RIP Steve..................funny how you don't see anyone dying on the PGA tour like this HMMMMM!! Scott :help

RedAllison

what happened
Lookin like a Murder/Suicide type thing Andy. Evidently Steve had a 20 year old girlfriend (yep he's been married 12 years and got 4 kids as well. :embarassed ) The girl was pulled over Thursday night and arrested for DUI. She was driving an 07 Escalade that was registered to both her AND McNair (now she's a waitress at a Nashville restaurant and was previously driving a Kia. :confused: ) McNair was with her in the Escalade and police allowed him to go home via cab. Neighbors of the apartment said Steve was around there 3 or more times a week usually. I also read a report that said that McNair's wife stated that she had not heard from him in 2 days. :punch

I would guess he musta told the mistress he was leaving or that he wouldn't get a divorce or something like that and she went batchit as woman are prone to do. He had two bullets in the torso, two in the head and she had a single bullet in her head and the pistol was lying near her body.

Bottom line, he died for plane ol pooty...
RA

biller31

Titans fan from the gitgo. I hate to hear it. But, sounds like he was in the wrong place with a random woman. Bad things is bound to happen.

Leigh

I hope all the bad stuff surrounding the death of Steve McNair does not make us forget what all he did and was in the process of doing for Nashville and TN. I know with any high profile case that the media is all over it but I hope his family and friends are left alone so they can mourn him and get through this tragedy. it is so bad that we choose to focas on the bad and not on the good.

ziemer

Can't understand why the police aren't saying murder/suicide??? Seems pretty cut and dry. Maybe there is some other evidence at the scene that may say otherwise???

Maybe the wife went batchit and killed 'em both? :shock:

RedAllison

LooLoo is right, Steve WAS a great guy and TN owes him ALOT. That's why all of this is so shocking.

Something else I can't understand, reports say the 20 year old (who just turned 20 in May) had just bought the pistol (which HAS been identified as the murder weapon) 2 days before the deaths. Well explain this, a 20 year can't legally buy a handgun in the state of TN. You gotta be 21 to purchase a handgun and 18 to buy any long guns.

Just a curiosity that I haven't heard brought up anywhere else?
RA

Scott Gilmore

Again.....................that's why DIP $##t people with GUNS ARE SUIPID MOTHERF###ERS !!!! MAYBE IF they plant him fast enough he can get in on a little of that Jesse/Michael JACKSON money !!! Scott

Last edited by a moderator: