Stealth charger wiring and Danny contact and low voltage

twsykes

Hi guys, I have been chasing a gremlin where I get low voltage on my graphs for a while and I associated with a bad charging battery and I swapped it out with a new on and 3 hours into fishing I see low voltage again. Can someone look at their wiring on a 24 volt stealth system (the 2017 latest version and tell me if this wiring is right. I have 2 xb21s and one had the two fused cables going to the red breaker (4 total wires all red) and the black fused cables went to the yellow breaker (5 total yellow wires). The other orange breaker has 3 wires all orange. The wiring to the crank battery has a red wire to positive and yellow to negative.

twsykes

Oh. The reason I mentioned Danny is I can’t get him on the phone and his inbox on his phone is full. That’s not like him. Hope he is ok.

allimax

I don’t know if this will help but my suggestion is to turn the alarms on your graphs down to about 11v or off entirely. For whatever reason I find the voltmeters in my HDS’s to read much lower than the Stealth voltmeter I have wired directly to my batteries. Other Lowrance units I’ve had in past years were the same way. Mind you I made a separate shielded wireing harness to feed only the HDS’s, Structure scan boxes and stereo so there is very little voltage drop. (Gary it’s amazing to me how many mechanics I’ve worked with that can’t do a basic voltage drop test??) I’ve had the Stealth system for several years now and it’s been flawless. I bet Danny is on the road or something but there is a schematic on his website you could use. Best of luck.

SLOmofo

(Gary it’s amazing to me how many mechanics I’ve worked with that can’t do a basic voltage drop test??)
Most don't have a clue. I enjoyed trouble shooting. Problem was others would make more problems before I got to it. Then I would be held accountable. Evert Senceu