Stator to Alternator

allimax

Has anyone adapted an alternator system from like an "X" engine to an earlier Pro Max with a 40 amp stator system?

allimax

Guess I'm surprised no one has attempted this before?? There would be a lot of advantages over the stator set up especially with the power sucking electronics many of us run now days. Then you have the cost of a stator $400 and 2 regulators, $200 each. An alternator will put out more amps and is cheaper to replace. I figure I'm missing something here though like completely different crank maybe because of a different flywheel. Never worked on an "X" motor or a 280 to see where the pulley is or how the electronics where tied in. Guess it's time to get in some parts books and start comparing part #'s.

bassracr

Guess I'm surprised no one has attempted this before?? There would be a lot of advantages over the stator set up especially with the power sucking electronics many of us run now days. Then you have the cost of a stator $400 and 2 regulators, $200 each. An alternator will put out more amps and is cheaper to replace. I figure I'm missing something here though like completely different crank maybe because of a different flywheel. Never worked on an "X" motor or a 280 to see where the pulley is or how the electronics where tied in. Guess it's time to get in some parts books and start comparing part #'s.
Simon alternative?
http://www.simonmotorsports.com/2.5alt/2.5alt.html