Smokin On The Cove Race

JaySmithRacing

Well its that time again one of the biggest race events of the season in the gorgious cool mountain air of Malvern Ark... If ya live in the south come on up and get out of the heat...BIG $$ purses draw some of the top car motored blown alky and flats in the country going up against the bad boy outboards in a 1000 ft Drag Race. All timing done with professional clocks with times and mph accurately announced by a professional announcer with a GREAT P.A. sytem... Great weather ,tons of boats good "Ole Ark. Hospitality"....This is the only race my wife and I look forward to and attend EVERY year ... 10 miles away from Hot Springs , Ark..
Glenn tells me that IF your a racer and paid you money in Ok. City last month AND raced last year at Smokin on the Cove your eligable to race at the Smokin Race this year..

Come on down and enjoy the carnival atmosphere ...Come by and chat with us at the JSRE support trailor...

See ya'll there..

SEPT 28,29 30 Malvern, Arkansas

Fl Boy in ILL

We will be there again this year, trying to make the show, Jay glad you and Kathy will be there, are you going to cook?? I hope so , it sure was good last year.

Rick

FLYING BUTCHER

Don't have my "new" prop done and don't think I can get the big 2003 and my fat butt down in a 100! course quick enough but we will be there cheering the "Rocket man" on!!! We will be lookin you up also Jay-hey make sure you keep our "telephone call" yesterday to yourself!!! Thanks (as always) for taking time to help me!!!

Darth VMAX

Is this race held on Ouachita? It sure sounds like a fun venue. I love that part of Arkansas.

GFL

I will be coming down to watch this event for the first time. I have a couple of questions.
What time will the Saturday races wrap up?
Where in Hot Springs should I make reservations?
Thanks

Rocket

I will be coming down to watch this event for the first time. I have a couple of questions.
What time will the Saturday races wrap up?
Where in Hot Springs should I make reservations?
Thanks

Saterday should finish by 5:00pm or so... Malvern is closer but Hot springs in nicer..... I'd just search Motels in Hot springs and find yo a place or go to www.smokininthecove .com and click on Lodging...

Come see us! #333 Sweet & Sassy!!!

Rocket

2007 WINNER'S

6 Second
1st - 928 -JEFF LeBLANC - MOORE, OK. $10,000
2nd - 070 - DAN ROGERS - CEMENT, OK. $2500
3rd - 102 - RICK CORTINO - WHEATON, IL. $1000
4th - 500 - SYD KINSEY - HOT SPRINGS, AR. $500
7 Second
1st - 548 - KELVIN PERKINS - AUBURN, KY. $5000
2nd - 494 - GEORGE OLSON - GALVESTON, TX. $1500
3rd - 012 - TIM ORTIZ - WOODLANDS, TX. $850
4th - 316 - JIM DUNN - CLARKSVILLE TN. $500
8Second
1st - 1011 - RON MORTON - INDIANAPOLIS, IN. $4000
2nd - 1018 - BRIAN MORTON - INDIANAPOLIS, IN $1250
3rd - 549 - ALLAN BENNETT - HOPE, AR. $750
4th - 22 - MICHAEL CHAPMAN - ELLOREE, SC. $400
9 Second
1st - 149 - SAM SCHULTS - WINFIELD, MO. $3000
2nd - 247 - BRAD KLUG - RIO RANCHO, NM. $1000
3rd - 781 - TIFFANY HELMS - BISMARK, AR. $650
4th - 917 - MAGAN HELMS - MAUD, TX. $350

Mr. Scary

Congratulations to Ron and Brian Morton and Sam Schultz. Ron Morton has won almost everything he's been in this year - what a great year. Sam Schultz cleaned house too - really his first year in drag racing from what I know.