Smokin in the Cove!

Rocket

FYI...........

The Cut off for the top 16 in the 8 second class was 8.077! :eek: That's right,,, If don't run an ".0" something you were either in second chance (where we were #24th!) or parked on the trailer........:( There were 33 boats in the 8's!!!!!!!!

We went one round on Sunday,,,,,,,,, Then Rick Conklin put me on the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Denise Hodges WON the 9 second class!!!!:D

Fl Boy in ILL

SITC

Congrats to Denise Hodges winning the 9's in here Ally XR2001, this makes her a 2 time winner their.

Mike sorry, I got beat in the finals of second chance by a hole shot , he cut a .507 light with .500 being perfect, it wouldn't have mattered I hit the speed trap sensor and put a small hole in the Mirage!!!!

Had a great time despite the weather, also Llyod Burns won the 8 sec class so 1/2 the winners were outboards.

Rick

Rocket

Here are how the Top 16 Qualifing times came out for the 6 second and 7 second boats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Remember this is only 1000' so you can add about 2 seconds for 1/4 mile times). I'll try and find times for the 9's & 8's!! 8)

6.00 CLASS-
# time
697=6.000
102=6.002
333=6.005
066=6.014
612=6.022
155=6.037
631=6.050
737=6.064
334=6.069
053=6.100
724=6.133
751=6.135
381=6.142
500=6.147
011=6.153
777=6.157

7.00 CLASS

099=7.009
113=7.011
122=7.018
457=7.022
821=7.030
314=7.031
012=7.032
472=7.032
690=7.057
770=7.085
316=7.115
198=7.136
2050=7.151
471=7.173
822=7.175
414=7.246

Rocket

Re: SITC

Fl Boy in ILL said:
Congrats to Denise Hodges winning the 9's in here Ally XR2001, this makes her a 2 time winner their.

Mike sorry, I got beat in the finals of second chance by a hole shot , he cut a .507 light with .500 being perfect, it wouldn't have mattered I hit the speed trap sensor and put a small hole in the Mirage!!!!

Had a great time despite the weather, also Llyod Burns won the 8 sec class so 1/2 the winners were outboards.

Rick
Rick,, WE came by to say goodby but you were not @ your pit! Sorry we missed ya! :(

How'd ya get over on the lazer? :? Did you know it was coming?? or was it just all of a sudden????????? That made two outboards hitting the lazer's Sunday! :eek: And at SITC 19 Two outboards also hit the darn lazers then two.............................We are getting a Reputation at the Cove!!!! LOL!

When I was running you,, I was really leary of Trimming too high and letting that North wind blowing my butt on the Rub Rails too,,, Everybody kept warning me about the cross winds.........!!!!! :shock:

Had a great time! It was great to get to run against you again!!!! Maybe next year I can lay a little .00 on you! :wink:

CYA next year!!!!

Rocket

2006 Results>>

2006 Winner's

6 Second

1st - 697 JIMMY BOOHER - ROGERS, AR. $10,000
2nd - 102 RICK CORTINO - WHEATON, IL. $2,500
3rd - 751 ED ANDERSON - COLUMBIA, TN. $1,000
4th - 724 STEVE DOUGLAS - STEPHENVILLE, T $500

7 Second

1st - 122 DALLAS COLLIER - PERKINSTON MS. $5,000
2nd - 198 THOMAS RICE - FT. WORTH, TX. $1,500
3rd - 2050 JEFF LAWSON - SAPULA, OK. $850
4th - 770 KEN CHENNAULT - WHITE HOUSE, TX. $500

8Second

1st - 171 LLOYD BURNS - EVANSVILLE, IN. $4000
2nd - 006 BRETT CHEADLE - TOMBALL, TX. $1250
3rd - 121 BOB LIPTON - ST. CHARLES. MO. $750
4th - 1500 DAVID WHITED - VAN BUREN, AR. $400

9 Second

1st - 101 DENISE HODGES - EMPORIA, KS. $3000
2nd - 781 TIFFANY HELMS - BISMARK, AR. $1000
3rd - 9111 MAGAM HELMS - MAUD, TX. $650
4th - 8211 SHANE SMITH - DEKALB, TX. $350

2006 SECOND CHANCE WINNERS

6 SECOND

1st - 208 STEVE WAGNER
WATERLOO, IL. $1000
2nd - 870 BRENT CANTWELL
MOMERCE, IL. $500

7 SECOND

1st - 696 LARRY WILKERSON
HALTOM CITY, TX. $850
2nd - 021 WESLY ICE
GLEN ROSE, TX. $500

8 SECOND

1st - 549 ALLAN BENNET
HOPE, AR. $750
2nd - 0494 $450

9 SECOND

1st - 107 CHRIS SEARS
AUSTIN, AR. $650
2nd - 810 SHELBI CARROL
MARBLE FALLS, TX. $350

Not too bad for a $350.00 entry,,,, Wouldn't you say??????
:D

Fl Boy in ILL

Sensor

Rocket

I was in the outside lane and the wind moved me over, I saw it coming and turned away, I thought I missed it cause I jerked the wheel pretty hard, I called on the radio and told Travis (my driver) I was close and asked him who won, he told me I hit the sensor (lucky it was the MPH) i told him no way until I loooked at the left side and saw the gash in the top deck. The resue boat came to tow me but I told them it would be better to drive it in just clear the ramp. I went to Scott S and apoligized, I really felt bad. I have a great glass man and he'll fix me up in no time all the damage was on the top deck and rub rail so its all cosmetic

Rick

Texan

Rocket:

I saw you run in the rain delay Saturday. Was standing by the ramp when you put in that afternoon and hollered. I couldn't hang on Sunday - work got in the way. Good luck next time!

Bill

Rocket

Texan said:
Rocket:

I saw you run in the rain delay Saturday. Was standing by the ramp when you put in that afternoon and hollered. I couldn't hang on Sunday - work got in the way. Good luck next time!

Bill
Why didn't ya come say Hey? I would have loved to see ya! We were pitted WAY in the back with Travis Tuttle and Wesley Ice!!

How's we look? Did we run a good one?

Texan

Why didn't ya come say Hey? I would have loved to see ya! We were pitted WAY in the back with Travis Tuttle and Wesley Ice!!
I was headed back there to say hello around the time the storm started rumbling in and the clouds started boiling overhead. My wife and son were with me so I bolted back for the car up in the parking lot just as it started to rain. My wife was running along behind me saying something about her hair getting wet, and my son was just having a great time tromping through the mud. When we got back, we got rained out again and spent an hour under the covered area down by the cove.

I'm through Tyler all the time. I've got family there and actually have a sister-in-law that has done some work for you in the past. I'll get through and call and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

As far running a good one? Yup! I think you broke out at the end. The boat looked great and I'm most impressed with S&S and driver.

Rocket

Texan said:
I was headed back there to say hello around the time the storm started rumbling in and the clouds started boiling overhead. My wife and son were with me so I bolted back for the car up in the parking lot just as it started to rain. My wife was running along behind me saying something about her hair getting wet, and my son was just having a great time tromping through the mud. When we got back, we got rained out again and spent an hour under the covered area down by the cove.

I'm through Tyler all the time. I've got family there and actually have a sister-in-law that has done some work for you in the past. I'll get through and call and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

As far running a good one? Yup! I think you broke out at the end. The boat looked great and I'm most impressed with S&S and driver.
Oh I understand completly!!! We hung out in the race trailer most of the day on Saterday due to the rain......................... And if hadn't of been for our "Pit Buggy" we wouldn't have gotten around as good as we did after it stopped! :shock: The pits were a mess!!!!!!!!!!

Who's your sister in-law? What does she do?

Please,, Look me up sometime! !-!

Texan

She does interior design and I don't know her former last name, but she is Kim Benson now. I think she works for Builders Carpet Supply? I don't know. Her husband and I fish together and in fact, just returned from the TOBA Tournament at Lake Fork. My partner and I were 5 ounces out of the money out of 78 teams! Last year I actually had a guide tell me that you couldn't fish out of an Allison!! That afternoon I proved him wrong when we weighed in the money for third place! I'm a little disappointed that nobody tried to egg me into a race. Usually somebody at the tournament, or at Fork in general wants to belive they can outrun a XB03/260.

I'll look you up next time I'm down. !-!

Rocket

Texan said:
She does interior design and I don't know her former last name, but she is Kim Benson now. I think she works for Builders Carpet Supply? I don't know. Her husband and I fish together and in fact, just returned from the TOBA Tournament at Lake Fork. My partner and I were 5 ounces out of the money out of 78 teams! Last year I actually had a guide tell me that you couldn't fish out of an Allison!! That afternoon I proved him wrong when we weighed in the money for third place! I'm a little disappointed that nobody tried to egg me into a race. Usually somebody at the tournament, or at Fork in general wants to belive they can outrun a XB03/260.

I'll look you up next time I'm down. !-!
Yeah I know Kim (Beal)... She is aa great Artist!!! She helped me win the "Best Custom Home in the state of Texas" in 2002!!!!!! :grin:

Way to go on the,,,,," PROOF" of Fishing out of an allison!!!! :grin: :grin:

Everytime I see a Bass boat go screaming by the house,,,,, it makes me want to buy one to run around the lake on!!! Now that I can drive one,, I'd like to Show off what a real boat can do on the lake!!! ;) :mrgreen: But Racing is all the boat budget we have right now!! $);

If you ever fish Lake Palastine,,,Let me know and we'll give you a place to Anchor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have one of the Best "Secret" spots on the lake!!!! %&^

Texan

I guess you do know her. She married my wife's brother, Jerry a couple of years ago.

I used to fish Lake Palastine years ago. My fishing buddy's family live at Emerald Bay, and we kept the boat down there in the boathouse. It was handy when we crappie fished the bridge or down at the dam. Kind of a long haul up to the pipeline. I haven't been on the lake in sometime. I understand that it is way down - like every other lake in East Texas right now. Fork is 5' low, but it helped to see the stumps instead of feel them.

Rocket

Texan said:
I guess you do know her. She married my wife's brother, Jerry a couple of years ago.

I used to fish Lake Palastine years ago. My fishing buddy's family live at Emerald Bay, and we kept the boat down there in the boathouse. It was handy when we crappie fished the bridge or down at the dam. Kind of a long haul up to the pipeline. I haven't been on the lake in sometime. I understand that it is way down - like every other lake in East Texas right now. Fork is 5' low, but it helped to see the stumps instead of feel them.
We live on the point across from the EB 18th Tee-Box.. We keep a membership to launch at EB too!!! :grin: