Smallmouth on Norris

bassracr

I spent a few days at Christmas chasing some smallies around dale hollow
my view on Christmas day
IMG_2793.JPG
IMG_2809.JPG football IMG_2805.JPGchunky spot IMG_2812.JPG

Dave Hensley

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Those fish are toads. Going to Norris tomorrow. Lake is back down and they are sluicing so good current. Really needing a good trip.

bassracr

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Those fish are toads. Going to Norris tomorrow. Lake is back down and they are sluicing so good current. Really needing a good trip.
I hope you get on them Dave .I envy you guys being down there so close to all the good fishing .I have to drive 4 to 5 hours for a good shot at some nice smallmouth . All the fish I caught on that last trip were toads ,they all looked like they really have the winter feed bag on.fat and healthy .the nicest one I caught was 20 inches ...had to be real close to 5 pounds . It was absolutely a pig .it was raining so hard I did not want to get my phone out to take a picture . It rained 95% of the time I was there but it sure was nice just to get away and feel that "thump" on the end of my line

Dave Hensley

What part of the lake were you fishing? Have taken houseboat vacations out of Willow Grove. Don't know much about the rest of the lake. Throwing a jig? Live bait?

bassracr

What part of the lake were you fishing? Have taken houseboat vacations out of Willow Grove. Don't know much about the rest of the lake. Throwing a jig? Live bait?
Typically I fish the upper end of the lake,but the place I usually stay was closed for the holidays so I stayed and fished on the lower end of the lake this trip ,Horse Creek ,Indian creek, and others close to the dam. Caught a couple on a 5 inch grub , threw a silver buddy and a tailspinner without much luck , The majority of my fish came on a green and brown football jig , I pulled up on one bank and they were just eating that thing up .water temp was 58• so I'm sure much better action will be anytime now

Dave Hensley

image.jpeg image.jpeg Perfect day weather wise yesterday. Bite was slow. They were sluicing water and usually current makes for good fishing. Could not find bait in big schools over fishable depth. Had 7 bites. Lost one at the boat. Had one good size Spot and three nice Smallmouth. 2 were 18" and onr 19".

Attachments