Skid-planer installation

aeneas

After reading the installation instructions for the skid-planer I wonder how you have installed it? Are your brackets level/flush with the jack-plate towards the boat (in contact with the hull)? Are the brackets in contact with the hull at any point?

The area I wonder about marked in red.

Stuff for my boat.

Last edited:

allimax

Mine came out close to the hull but does not touch it. What is real important is the skid planners relationship to the pad. You want it parallel but up the distance listed on the instruction sheet. Mine said 1 1/2" but I think the earlier instructions said 1 1/4". A flat floor, two people, some C-clamps and a 6" and a 6' level are a big help. Save the beer for after.

aeneas

Thank you allimax. In the included instructions it says the distance between the hull and the skid-planer should be 2" and the center part of the skid-planer 3" above the pad. I have a friend boatbuilder who has a laser measurer and he will help me get it level and straight.

So no contact with the hull. I thought maybe flush would add strength or support..?

LakeAnna

The two inch from the transom and three inch measurement above the pad you have are correct.
I used the existing plate holes on my install.

aeneas

Thank you, I see the distances now. It looks like I may have to trim the brackets to fit and also drill the jack-plate unless I have new wider brackets made.

Last edited:

aeneas

Looking at the picture of LakeAnna's skid-planer and comparing to the one I got it looks as if mine is not as wide and I wonder if it will fit?

Last edited:

aeneas

Thank you for your inspiration brund. Bill@allisonboats has pointed me in the right direction about this and I will work on from his advice. There will be some cutting and some drilling to fit.