Skeg modifications

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've heard more discussed about skeg modifications pertaining to Allisons than I have any other boat. (been on S&F for quite some time and done lots of reading, was finally able to get registered here a few days ago) However, I am kinda lost as to what the mods actually are. I know John was talking about mods to them when I saw him in September, but we didn't really get into it. I currently have a 1.87 stock 200 case w/ bob's nose cone and a 2 hole CLE. Currently running the CLE because it drives easier, much less steering torque. (bob's does have the torque tamer built in) I have noticed that the skeg on the CLE is HUGE! Lots of surface area there. Just wondering what does what and at what point things are necessary. It currently runs 73-74 with no issues at all. Thanks!

Brian

Ally03 200xs

I have attached a picture of modifying a skeg that I found on the board a while ago.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

catfish123

There are many different versions of gearcase modifications for Allisons. My recommendation would be to avoid those that have a welded on torque tab.