short and sweet...Spydro Underwater Camera

G Allen

Bought a Spydro camera. The fishing line broke, Camera is lost, not covered by Square Trade warranty $$ easy come, easy go.

G Allen

No, F@#%-ing stupid operator error. Using 14 pound flour fluorocarbon as the main line. My other trolling rods use 12. I was using a non interlocking snap swivel, while rigging it failed. The tab that held the wire was straightened out, when I bent it back to where it needed to go it snapped off. So not having any other snaps or swivels on the boat, I tied the line directly. Bad Idea! I caught a couple fish, and while letting it back out the knot failed due to the metal loop on the spydro being too sharp. I saw it slowly sinking, the dodger slowly wobbling and sinking slowly into the depths, but because the air temp was around freezing, and the water temp was low 50's I decided that to take the running leap into the drink with all my layers of clothing and shoes on would be life threatening. Time to call the Waaaaaahmbulance!!!

I set The spydro for bite recording, did not know that I still had to hit the "Record" button on my phone. So caught two fish, no recordings on the phone, now no spydro. Humiliating! Too broke to replace it right now. Square trade won't cover loss due to line breakage, either. When I do am gonna get some heavy duty interlocking swivels for sure. The Spydro is a rich man's tech-weenie toy, and takes a lot more to learn how to use than something like the Olymbros, Water Wolf, or Go Fish camera, the Olymbros is a much less expensive and waaaay simpler to use design.

The other camera recently purchased, an Eyoyo HD on its own 50m cable with 9 inch hd color screen has yet to be broken out. It's not for trolling. It sits in it's own little diving bell and slowly rotates 360 degrees, can be set to rotate to left or right at two different rotation speeds, and also can be set to rotate back and forth through an operator set arc. It is ideal for ice fishing, or vertical jigging. I bought it to see if I could spot Mackinaws deep on structure 60-120 feet down and then use the UV (black light) LED's to get glow jigs to light up in the deep dark waters and to see how the fish would react to various lures and presentations. Am thinking that maybe could use it to survey likely structure to see if it is hiding fish or not. Eyoyo makes a wide variety of fishing cameras and screen types/sizes, and different models have different colored LED's as well.

simonmichel

Probationary User
As per I know, Spydro is one of the best underwater cameras. Although I have no experience on using this model but I read the buyer's guide of this model. I have no idea how did that happen! I feel pretty to you as the model is quite a bit more expensive than the other iconic models of underwater fishing cameras. You're so unlucky!