SDBA Press Release!!!!

Rocket

PRESS RELEASE / 12-20-07

The SDBA announces formation of partnership to secure national sponsorships

The Southern Drag Boat Association and Quarter Mile Marketing have joined forces to promote their sanctioned races to national companies, giving them the opportunity to reach tens of thousands of avid boat racing fans in the heart of America.

The long term agreement will provide name brand marketers with a ready made platform to build brand loyalty and promote their products and service. National sponsors will not only raise the profile of the events but also provide additional resources to enhance driver benefits and Association services.

Current sanctioned events and local supporters and sponsors will continue to operate in their traditional manner, with exception of the presence of national marketers and their displays at each event, adding to the excitement and the experience of drag boat racing.

Quarter Mile Marketing is a fully-staffed sponsorship marketing and public relations organization with home offices in Rogers, Arkansas. Principals of Quarter Mile Marketing share a unique combination of successful management, drag boat racing and sports marketing experiences.

Please attend the Southern Drag Boat Association

Mr. Scary

St. Louis Drag Boat Association (SLDBA) is involved as well. This is a great opportunity for drag racing throughout the midwest. It's going to be a really exciting year.

Fl Boy in ILL

Any other information at this time or are we going to have to wait until the Annual Banquet??? I won't be able to attend the banquet, I'll be working

Rick

Mr. Scary

I spoke to Fred tonight....here's everything that I know.

I think a lot of the idea got started with Jimmy Booher and his relationship with Daisy outdoor products. As you know they've been a HUGE supporter of Jimmy, SLDBA, and the sport as a whole...they seem to be fantastic people. I think they thought that it's a great product, but as we know, on the shoestring budgets that our clubs have, there isn't time, money, or resources for full time marketing and promotion people. So, I think some very professional experts in that area are pooling their connections to make it work. From what I know, they'll be out gathering sponsorships...this is all very new so I don't know at what part of the process it will be.

I do know that whatever they do, their focus is on Pro Mod down to River Racer. The alcohol and fuel boats are not the main focus of this promotion...if they show up, they show up, but because of the nature of those beasts, they often have other commitments with IHBA, etc. that may preclude them from racing with the smaller clubs.

Both SLDBA and SDBA are working together to look at doing whatever possible to not trample on each others' race dates and work together on a race or two like we've done with OKC the past two years. SLDBA is working hard on some new sites so a lot of work is going on in those areas.

Believe me Rick, I'm in contact with them fairly often. I had heard about this over a week ago, but I didn't get the official go ahead with the wording (SLDBA's press release is virtually identical to the one posted here so I didn't repost it - it's on the sldba website though).

I'll be sure to take very copious notes at the meeting in January. I can't promise I'll remember anything after the banquet and the hospitality room so I'll make sure I take good notes during the meeting Saturday morning :D