Reversible allison jackplate

03bignasty

My Allison came with the reversible jackplate which had a short shaft on it. How do you reverse these things for a 20 inch motor? Thanks so much for your help guys. You don't have to remove the whole plate, which involves removing the tank do you?

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can take it off the boat if you need to without pulling the gas tank. The bolts will stay in place. I changed a short to long plate once but I don't exactly remember how. Seems like I may have had to flip the side plates and the flip rear part but I can't say for sure. Once I started it became obvious which way it had to go back together.

aeneas

^ What he said about removing the tank but you have to remove the jackplate from the boat. The part towards the transom has to be flipped as do the brackets that adjust the height of the engine. The part of the jackplate towards the engine goes back in the same position.

I have 15/20 8-9" reversable Allison jackplate and did the opposite operation a couple of years ago. I am changing that reversible jp for a 15" only.

Last edited: