RDW2 left with another man!

RedAllison

My long legged, redhead mistress of ten years, she up & left me for a Texan!:D

Wednesday I met up with Max Clamon (clamonm on the board) just outside of Texarkana, slipped her in the water, made a few passes & showed him what all kinds of tricks she does & now she resides in Woodville, TX! (That's where Ed Dear works so there are now two beautiful 2+2's in the Livingston/Woodville area. PLEASE pray for both of these guys & their families as they are in the path for Noah's Ark type rains this weekend from Hurricane Harvey! :( )

I honestly got "the nerves & panics" while waiting at a truck stop for Max to arrive. I'd just driven 350 miles with my big red girl & was about to hand her over to a stranger & then for the first time in 18yrs I was gonna be WITHOUT an Allison! :oops: But Max was excited to get her, his first time ever to be in, drive or own an Allison was Wednesday. That's my moto as well, "Gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!" :cool:

Who knows what the future holds but for sure I'm enjoying the hell out of my 24ft BlueWave! What she lacks in performance she makes up for in comfort and "fishing acreage" for me & multiple buddies!

Last edited:

RiverRat71

I know the feeling. I remember selling my mint 75 Jeep CJ5 & watching the guy drive off with the biggest grin on his face. If only you could keep everything forever. RR

RedAllison

Seriously ? Dude you should have Never let her go if it feels like that ! That's heart breaking to even think about !
:D:p I had my fun with her. 10yrs & she only had 195 hours on her. I know if I kept her she'd just sit even more. (We carried our deckboat out only once this year, I bet it'll leave the fleet next! But it's the wife's boat so that's her call, I just haul & drive it for her. ;)) The XB-21 is still THE finest bassboat on the planet so there was no "leaving for another basser". I just was ready for a bay boat since I've started saltwater fishing & have a place on Okaloosa Island now. I wasn't quite sure how a "24.5ft bassboat" would do on my home waters of Pickwick & KY Lake but after several trips now I LOVE having the big boat... it just takes a lil more time between spots. :confused:

The older & fatter I get the more I enjoy having plenty of space for EVERYONE & comfort to boot. At the Clifton Rally we ran around several times with 5-6 people aboard the new "Bass Yachit" & still had room for more. (& the 100qt cooler holds DAYS worth of beer! :D) LOL I already have nearly 50hrs on the bayboat that's barely 6 months old... But it takes twice as long to get there compared to the 2+2 so I should rack up the hours at "double pace". :p

Attachments

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

I can't believe it Red..... I think this is the sign of the end times and is actually written in Revelations

You were one of my original Allie contacts from 2001/2002.... gonna be weird. LOL

YOU NEED THAT SHO POWERED ALL RED PROSPORT....just in case the itch returns

RedAllison

Lol Darth, if anything I've done fell under your Hammer spell. :D I gotta admit, this 4 stroke 300 Yammie on my bayboat is an AWESOME motor! Besides the grunt & efficiency, I've had to look at the tach or listen for the motor peeing just to be sure it was running. ;) The big 4.2 SHO block is just what the Dr. ordered for my new fishn sled. Todd brought me a prop at Clifton for super loads & I'm now ofishkully crappn in tall cotton. :p

I still got the Ol 76 18R drag in the tractor shed so technically I'm still an A-owner! :)

SSTOM

Ally owner or not Red you still part of the family. I know you hated to see her go but your new boat is awesome.