Ram Mount\XB 21 Pro Sport

champ198

That is a great installation. I went with the 797si in-dash but I would have loved to have had the wide screen mounted just like that!! Doesn't look like there is a loss of use of the rod tray rod tubes on the drivers side.

RedAllison

I'm assuming that base is custom made?

How does it hold up in rough/fast water? The 997 is a pretty good load with that much leverage. My 1197 would REALLY be a test for it.

Only negative I can see is the additional height of it sticking up higher than when mounted in the rod tray, especially with the big 997-1197 units. I might give that some consideration, a new piece of carpet, some epoxy in the old holes and I'd be in like flint. :at the bar
RA

fishnfireman

I'm assuming that base is custom made?

How does it hold up in rough/fast water? The 997 is a pretty good load with that much leverage. My 1197 would REALLY be a test for it.

Only negative I can see is the additional height of it sticking up higher than when mounted in the rod tray, especially with the big 997-1197 units. I might give that some consideration, a new piece of carpet, some epoxy in the old holes and I'd be in like flint. :at the bar
RA
The base is custom- I have about 10 hours in it including paint. about a week of trying to figure out (how and where) But it's always a labor of love when it comes to working on the boat !

The base is solid enough to tie the boat up with. I made sure it was not going anywhere. That Ram is also the new one built just for these big units. It is all metal and those gimble balls are about the size of a trailer hitch !
As for the height. With the double jointed ram it's amazing the different adjustments it will allow you to do.
I also have the taller windshield which is a little different. I like to keep it even with the windshield contour so it does not catch a lot of wind. (It's not adjusted for that in the pictures)
Another sweet thing about the Ram is for long hauls. You can flip it over inside the boat and i put a little pad where it rest's upside down with most of the weight off the system. Put the tarp on and go.
it seems to do fine with the rough water. we all know Amistad don't get rough. Just because they cancelled day 2 of the BASS elite 100 tourney last year....Most of the locals went out anyway. Just another day on the big friendly.. Just funnin ya Jim----- i have knocked all the loose floatation foam out from under the hull cap on this boat just trying to make it back in when Amistad gets rough!----- it does Ok with the 997.

Last edited:

fishnfireman

That is a great installation. I went with the 797si in-dash but I would have loved to have had the wide screen mounted just like that!! Doesn't look like there is a loss of use of the rod tray rod tubes on the drivers side.
If ya can't tell I'm a tinkerer......Like Yeller I got to have a project going.....all the time.

Take note of the rod tip holder and the FLUSH mount drink/pliers/marker buoy. there is another cup holder up front.

I also put two under deck storage compartments WITH doors. on each side of the troll mtr foot control. I also turned the Starbrd big storage lid around for easier acces while fishing !!

RedAllison

Today I removed my 997 and put the 1197 on. I looked over the boat but realized the rod tray and console isn't the same on my 2+2 as the one that is on Mike's ProSport. The rod tray on the 2+2 doesn't stop right there beside the edge of the console like the ProSport, instead it runs another 6"-8" on further forward so the setup like Mikes wouldn't work on a 2+2. (see pic on link)

But that's ok, she's ridin fine on the same ram I had the 997 mounted on.

http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?p=58607#post58607

:gone fishing
RA

biller31

Mike the more I look at this set up the cooler it gets. Your tinkering is cool. I wish you lived down the street from me. I'd get you to help me tinker with my boat. Very cool mods!