Race accomidation question

Fishforcash

Looking at a enclosed trailers that hold the boat. Do many racers stay at the race site or do the hotel motel thing?

FLYING BUTCHER

a lot of the racers stay at the site with their boats it isn't a problem but some of the crews stay up a little later than us old guys but it really isn't a problem. My brother in laws daughter and their family bring a toy hauler and pit in our area. They spend the nights there and cook etc. Good family fun for sure

hullbilly

I'm curious about this subject as well. I would like a trailer for my xr2001 with living quarters. What's the options? Best brands to look at? Ballpark costs, ect....?

After just a couple races, I can already see the benefits of having all your eggs in one basket!!!!

Thanks!

Mark

msagro

If I was going to do it again I would keep the open trailer and get a motorhome to pull it with. The only problem that this presents is having a vehicle in the pits to pull the boat to the water but you can surely meet up with someone that has an extra truck. When I quit racing we were using a motor home and an enclosed trailer with a mule and the boat and then put the boat in the water with the mule and it gets to the point where maintaining the trailer is more work than the boat. Just my opinion, I have done the motel thing from open trailers to enclosed trailers and then motorhomes and it is really nice to be able to sleep and clean up at the race site.

Rocket

I'm curious about this subject as well. I would like a trailer for my xr2001 with living quarters. What's the options? Best brands to look at? Ballpark costs, ect....?

After just a couple races, I can already see the benefits of having all your eggs in one basket!!!!

Thanks!

Mark
Look at the Pace trailers and also look into reizner trailers in OK http://www.reznertrailers.com/ ..... you can spend from $5K to 100K on a trailer...........

Last edited:

1/4master

Hey mark a couple of real good brands we ued to sell that I would recomend are Haulmark, Cargo Mate, and the one I like the most is Renegade by Rance, The reason I like the renegade is because it has an all aluminum frame whereas most all others use a steel frame. It is a little higher in terms of price but it pulls MUCH better and wont rust like the others. Just my .02 brother.