Question?

HooknUP

I have been researching my brain out. I have never had a ride in a bullet boat, but after checkin them out, they seem to be right up there in the speed range, but I would be hard to convince that a bullet could have the ride like the xb2003 I was in. Please advise if you have any bullet experience to share. I do know that they are no where near as pretty a boat as an "ALLY". They look a liitle more like a chopped up Champion to me. I like the fluid curves and the layout of the Ally's much better. Looks more like a Lady, if ya get my drift 8) .

Peace and Fair Weather to ALL!!!

HooknUP...... :wink:

Blueally XB21

Hooknup, Bullets are good boats and perform well in many of the fishing and performance catigories. However, when I was looking to purchase a boat these are the differances between Bullet and Allison I found. Two things really stood out ....
Construction:
1) Bullet uses a Balsa wood coring material and plywood core in the transoms.
Allison uses metal/Aluminum with high density foams with fiberglass stringer system (ie..no wood to cause problems).

2) After riding in a Bullet and in an Allison I liked the Allison's smoother ride and wind pertection much better.

Like I said, both are very good boats.
These are just my opinions as I look at my tournament fishing and families uses. Personally, I don't think you'll find a stronger built bass boat than the Allison. The 2003 rides better than anything in the 20 footer class that I know of and the Allison XB21 (21 footer class) series likewise.

With that said, as perfomance tournament rig Bullet would have been my second choice for my needs had I not been able to afford an Allison. After fishing out of the Ally since 2003 I would have a hard time going back to anything else other than Allison at this point.

Just my .02 worth.

Oh, Welcome aboard!!!

HooknUP

I humbly appreciate the time to respond to my question, I was unaware of the fact that they used wood in thier transom. I will be getting rid of my Skeeter soon, as it has served me well, but you knw how it is to want to get the best of the best...lol. I will continue to save up untill I can get my first "ALLY". Everyone will know, becuase they will hear me hollar all the way from Tennesse. I am looking at the 21', but in the spring, I want a boat tht is a little smaller to get into those "fishy" spots...lol. Maybe the xb2003 will fit the bill. Once again, thanx for the input. I know I will need plenty more once I get "her" and get her tuned in just right.... :twisted:

Peace and Fair Weather to ALL!!!!

HooknUP

GFinch

I have a 19' Champion and a XB2003 , both 1994s. The Champion is very well built, fishes easier getting to the front deck, I'm 55, but the XB rides smoother is much better built, lots of little things that you notice after a while, quicker, faster and it's an Allison............. The motor on the Champion, Dyno sheet says over 270lb-ft torque.