Question for the Wisconsin guys

Iowafshr

Wanting to head to Chetek/Rice Lake area this weekend, but is there any chance the ice will be out?

We usually fish Red Cedar while we are up there, but might make the trip to Wissota if it means no ice.

Thanks in advance
Jason

SmallJaw

Wanting to head to Chetek/Rice Lake area this weekend, but is there any chance the ice will be out?

We usually fish Red Cedar while we are up there, but might make the trip to Wissota if it means no ice.

Thanks in advance
Jason
Ice? What the heck is that?:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

tater

Jason, I live on lake Wissota and the ice is not all the way out yet. I have been on this lake for 25 years and have never seen ice past April 20th! It is almost out of the small lake and it may be off by Saturday. I will give you an update Thusday night. Not sure on Red Cedar but can let you know on Thursday. My allycat is ready to get out and run and of course do some fishing!

Iowafshr

Thanks for the reply. Seems mother nature didn't get the memo about spring. We are currently getting snow here now, and this is a web cam from one of the bars near where we stay. http://gilliganschetek.com

tater

Looks like our fishing opener will be from the bank as the ice is not out and it is still snowing with around 8 inches so far today! I was hoping to try out my new HB 798 DI SI Saturday. Well I know one thing if you are at Gilligans the bottle bass will be bitting and I will enjoy a few myself. Good luck fishing if you can get on the water!!

Iowafshr

I'm going to be on the chetek chain until Friday if anyone is around call or text 515-943-6524