Quad IV owners

xb2003

Joeally and I are going to run a friends 28 quad and I was wondering where most of you guys run yours on xb2003 14.5" setback.

From what I read in another post....This is only good for a loaded boat to fish?

GotMyAlly

I run mine at 1/4" below the pad. This prop drives like a dream with 2 people in the boat. I would not say that it is only good for a loaded boat....but with a light load it requires more driver input than a 27 trophy. It has an incredible amount of lift and with just 1 person it really gets up on top. Usually I end bumping the trim down one tap once it reaches top end and this flattens out nicely. My definition of light load may vary from others. When I say light, I've got myself, 1/2 tank of gas, empty livewells, and maybe a cooler of beer, but my TM and 2 group 27s are still in the boat. I know some guys consider a light load to be TM removed, and running a small cranking batt. I can't speak for how the prop would run in that situation. The quad IV is the only prop I have now, so I run it with just me in the boat quite a bit and it is very manageable, just requires a little more work to balance because it rides higher on the pad than the trophys.

Jimxb02

The 28 Quad IV is not just for pushing a boat loaded to fish.

I have a XB 2002 that I use mainly for cruzing and playing with other fast boats. No trolling motor, one battery, and my live well is used as a beer cooler. I run my motor with prop shaft 1/2" above the pad and 14 inches of set back. The boat is stable and easy to drive once you get enough seat time to feel the boat under you with the 28 Quad. Remember this prop has a 14 3/4" diameter so you will have to experiment with jack plate height on your own boat. On my boat this prop tends to lift the whole boat a fly it level with a very small amount of positive trim.

It is also a great rough water prop.

Jim

Bob Ant

I have a 2003 with a 225 Marineer and I run mine 1/4 inch below. The biggest knock against this prop is the hole shot. Unless you totally trim the motor all the way down your going to cavitate. During a recent tournament I was in I got a little too excited at blast-off time and didn't trim all the way down. I actually thought I had stripped something out because I couldn't get the boat to crest over untill I realized that I wasnt al the way down on motor trim. I like the prop but I actually like my 28 Chopper II more, better on hole shot and stronger on top end.

fishnfireman

got one coming

Talked to Todd for a long time last week.
he is sending a 26 ,as soon as he does some extra work on the prop.
After talking to him I have no doubt the prop will work fine. If it fails to do as wanted. just be sure to do some good testing and keep track of your numbers. then send it back and tell him what it does or does not do.

To often someone gets a prop that has been worked for a different boat or setup and all it needs is a little tweaking. Todd is willing to get it right for your setup!