nose cone

FLYING BUTCHER

I am running a Titus nose cone and reshape and so is Lou. It is better handling than Bob's and I can run it higher but odd enough I get better 1/4 mile times running it lower than I was running both the SM or the Bob's. My two cents

GPI Racing

The 4-9 mph was just the tests that we did at that point in time. I have run a boat that only showed a mile an hour so the results can vary. In 80% of the tests so far we have seen a gain or better put "It allowed us to do things to our set up that we couldn't do before without some bad result." We have seen less torque on the wheel and better handling which allowed us to be more creative in set up. For the most part you could say the speed was always there we can just get to it easier with the Modified Case.

Randy

GotMyAlly

I plan to get my l/u worked this winter, probably by Titus. Just can't do without it in the summer. The extra few mph would just be a bonus. I'm mainly wanting to get it done for the handling anyway. My boat has always had a little more steering torque than most other XB2003s.

froggy

I find that my Titus case can be run very high and I can still maintain plenty of lift. I'm still experimenting and have just reduced my engine offset from 14.5" to 9" since I think I'll have adequate lift, even at the reduced offset (I haven't run it yet since my injectors are at Brucato's).

Comparing the Titus case to our (Hoss Prop's) benchmark 200 case with absolutely perfect nosecone---it's real close. The Titus is actually a little (1 - 2 mph) faster for whatever reason and it's certainly a lot stronger. It lifts more too so I can run less trim. I haven't been able to figure out the lift part yet, but it's nice.

We will soon have a Titus case on our drag boat and will know more then.

froggy

Rocket

I'd like to get my"back up" CLE worked ASAP! I wonder how this compare's to the Titus??? :?

This is what we run!

The best thing about the extended nose cone (IMHO) is that it keep's the boat from wanting to HOOK! :shock: And I've been out of shape at a 100+mph ALOT! :(

The Titus!

Skydog

MAN

NICE STUFF!!

How much does it cost to turn a Cle with a Bobs in to a Titus? And is that trick paint more?

Thank you Skydog

froggy

Rocket,

I was looking at your lower unit when you were in line at OKC, is it a CLE? The skeg mod is interesting. Have you ever blown this lower unit out? It seemed to be working just fine at OKC, so why change?

Skydog,

You can change a Bob's to a Titus, but I don't see much advantage other than the Titus cone is 100% welded on and the Bob's is spot welded, epoxied and filled. Also the Titus uses the hidden water passages instead of the hoses. The only reason I'd change is if the Bob's kept cracking, otherwise I'd stay with what you have. The advantage of the Titus is that he modifies a sportmaster, with a mod that works well. He also has a good mod for a CLE and 200 case.

froggy

Rocket

froggy said:
Rocket,

I was looking at your lower unit when you were in line at OKC, is it a CLE? The skeg mod is interesting. Have you ever blown this lower unit out? It seemed to be working just fine at OKC, so why change?

froggy
Froggy,, No It's NEVER blown out! :shock: Thank God! :wink: (And I've been over a 100 and been all kinds of out of shape,,, but she held straight! :D )

I'm not thinking of changing... 8) I'm Very happy with the lower unit that we are running now!

But, It's been down the race track a time or two! And The more HP we keep throwing at it,, it's bound to break here sooner or later! :( :( :(

So,,,,,,,,, I have another fresh 12" CLE lower unit that I want to have as a Back-up! But I think it needs the extention nose cone!!!!!!!

ziemer

Titus Cone

Froggy,
I would definitely be interested in hearing your results on a drag boat. I plan on hitting a couple more of the local drag races this year in my GS and have been seriously considering having my Sporty done up by Titus.

Also, does he cut the skeg at all or does it remain fairly stock. It's hard to tell in the picture and with the added length it looks deceiving.

How about turn around??? If I were to send my case out on a Monday could I be boating in less than 2 weeks? (ie only miss one weekend?)

froggy

Ziemer,

We won't have drag boat results until next season---the boat has just been ordered and we won't see delivery until 2006. I think Flying Butcher is drag racing his Titus unit.

Titus does cut the skeg, but the sportmaster skeg is so large, it is mostly un-noticeable in the pictures (he cuts a taper in the front and does some trim tab work). I asked him to leave mine stock since I had some personal theories I wanted to test. I'll have him implement the theories in our next unit if they work.

Regarding turn around, mine was very good; however, I had mine done in February. Call Titus and find out---I think he could turn it around in one week at his shop, but shipping is about a week each way. Titus Grisham's number is---(256) 272-0500 and he's located in Alabama, within about 60 miles of Muscle Shoals.

I hope this helps.

froggy