Norris Smallmouth

Dave Hensley

Fished last Friday and today. They are pulling water with both generators running all day. Had 6 Smallmouth Friday that would weigh 20 lbs. Biggest was 3-3/4#. Caught several spotted bass too. Today's best fish was 3-1/2 and had 3 more over 2-1/2. Not as many good fish but more bites.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need someone to go with you give me a holler. Just finished moving to Kingston so now I'll finally have some free time to go find some fish!

Dave Hensley

Should be just the start of what looks like will be a good winter. This is the only time I really like to fish. Not the usual hassle with ramp squirrels. I have fished up there every winter since 1988. They put a one fish, 18" limit on a few years back and the quality of fish has improved unbelievably.

Dave Hensley

You don't mind fishing with live bait, do you? I tip a hair jig with a minnow. I don't tournament fish, just like to get that brown fish pull.

msharp

Dave have you fished around Mill creek out in front of Water Side ? Been a while since ive been there in cold weather but we use to catch alot of Big Brown fish and some nice Walleye there .

Dave Hensley

Are you through terrorizing innocent animals? If so shoot me an update on the skirt. I am not familiar with Water Side but would have a hard time leaving my holes on the lower end.

QUOTE=msharp;130585]Dave have you fished around Mill creek out in front of Water Side ? Been a while since ive been there in cold weather but we use to catch alot of Big Brown fish and some nice Walleye there .[/QUOTE]