new shoes

GotMyAlly

Nope, no diesel here. Always loved diesels, but never really had the need to tow anything that justified one.

I was leery of the coils at first just because it's different, but it rides better than any half ton dodge I've ever had, and I've had several. As far as towing, I can't tell any difference between this truck and my 09, other than this one rides better.

I wish they didn't lower the ride height though...my 09 had a little more ground clearance from the factory. The new ones...you can't hardly tell a 4x4 from a 2x4 by looking at them.

GotMyAlly

No, for some reason mine came with 17s. Dealer ordered it with that downgrade to save a few bucks. That and some passenger car tires. Heck of an item to skimp on, for a truck with tire mirrors, built in brake controller, etc. They could have left off the back seat DVD and it wouldn't have hurt my feelings.....my dog is the only one that ever rides back there and he doesn't watch cartoons.

John S

Nice wheels. How are your running boards holding up. I've had the same ones replaced twice due to corrosion. I know you dont have the salt issues we have up here, but I think those boards are junk.

GotMyAlly

Haven't had any problem with mine. If I do....I'll just take 'em off. If they weren't already on the truck, I wouldn't have got 'em anyway. All running boards serve to do is get pants legs dirty when I brush up against 'em........I don't think I've ever actually stepped on them.

GotMyAlly

I'm really kinda neutral on the Dick Cepek brand....when it comes to wheels I'm not sure any brand is really all that much different than another. I haven't seen a big variance in quality there. Tires are another story, I'd never cheap out there! I had a $500 Dick Cepek gift card won at a Jeep run a few years ago, so it made the decision to go with DC wheels an easy one.