New Record in the Family Cruiser (Ally GS)

ziemer

105.1 MPH, took it out yesterday for a few top end runs and couldn't believe it when I looked down at the GPS. It was reading 105! I have a picture of the GPS but not sure how to post a pic on this site yet. Anyway, made my day to see the big ol' family boat running along that fast.

Rocket

WOW! That's great! :D

What prop and stuff? :?

E-mail the pictures you want posted,,, and I'll get them up for ya! :D rocket333@gmail.com

Got one of your boat too? :D

Rocket! 8)

JR

GSE

That is fast for a Grandsport [maybe the fastest yet?]. I hope there was no wind since that hull feels like a kite in the wind. Does yours have a windshield?
Be careful to keep the "Wet side down".
JR

Rocket

ziemer said:
105.1 MPH, took it out yesterday for a few top end runs and couldn't believe it when I looked down at the GPS. It was reading 105! I have a picture of the GPS but not sure how to post a pic on this site yet. Anyway, made my day to see the big ol' family boat running along that fast.

ziemer

Thanks.

Rocket, thanks for bringing that picture over from S&F.

JR, mine is just like yours except it's not an elite, so it doesn't have the windshield or the ski pole. There was a little wind but not much, plus I had it at my back. Actually it ran pretty flat. Didn't respond much to the trim once up at speed.

Here's a few pics of the boat (not from this weekend):

http://allisonowners.com/JeffZiemer.html

Skydog

Man that rocks

That is my goal this year! 105MPH! Well i better get 106 now!!HAHA

Good job man! I bet she felt very very light!!

Skydog

M-Wiggy

Great Job Z......

Breaking personal speed goals has to be one of the best feeling in the world!!!!!!

105 mph in a GS is alsome!!!!! Soon you will be aiming for 108 !!!!!!!

SEEYABYE 8)

Matthew H. Wiggins

Skydog

YES!

(Breaking personal speed goals has to be one of the best feeling in the world!!!!!!)

Man so ture the frist time a broke 100mph i was on cloud nine for weeks!!

Skydog

ziemer

Why is it that we can never be satisfied??? I remember when we re-built this motor I wanted it to be a solid 100 mph boat, and it was, 102. Then not too long ago I'm reading about how skydog is going for 105 this year and I started thinking, I bet mine would run that. A year ago, I was fine with 102, but now just a little bit more. I don't think this boat will do much more than 105, but maybe it would with one of those new GPI/Titus gearcases. :wink: :wink:

(Still running a stock SM) :shock:

ziemer

Not sure...

Didn't really concentrate to much at the tach, mostly because it's only an 8000 rpm tach, and I knew it was over that. I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 8300-8400 which would put slip somewhere around 10% to 12%. (28" Hoss Hypredrive on 1.87's)

ziemer

John

John, that was with the prop you sent me a few months back. :D

J

John Richied

Did I mention I was only renting you that prop NOT SELLING IT…. LOL

That’s WAY COOL!!! :mrgreen: