New guy to this segment of boating

Cdubb

Probationary User
Hello all

Well my name is C.W. and have finally decided to get off the bank and buy a fishing boat. While also finding a project. Growing up out west with all the “ go fast custom boats “ I have grown to be a looks snob lol. I’m so bad if my empty trailer in the parking lot doesn’t grab attention I’m not happy.

I’ve had a couple 130mph Eliminator Daytona’s. Finally decided to get away from that whole scene and stick to fishing. Having to have the best and best looking boats, here I am.

Still researching which model I want, but it will be fishable.

Thank you guys in advance,and hope I can be of some use and not just a sponge.

BigRWater

Welcome C.W.
You are at the right spot. With interest I will check out your posts.
I recently bought a 1998 XB 2003 that I am in love with. I want to fish local tournaments with it. When I get it into service, I will post some about my experiences. From what I read here, I think the XB 2003 or, for sure, the XB 21 may be the best boat for the Columbia river..
Anyway again, welcome.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've ran the Columbia river with my old xtb-21 and my xb-2003 and it can get nasty in a hurry. The xtb was a better rough water boat and the newer 21s are even better than that. I've gone thru some bad stuff with the 2003 and it's ok, just hope the motor doesn't die because waves will come right over the back.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello all

Well my name is C.W. and have finally decided to get off the bank and buy a fishing boat. While also finding a project. Growing up out west with all the “ go fast custom boats “ I have grown to be a looks snob lol. I’m so bad if my empty trailer in the parking lot doesn’t grab attention I’m not happy.

I’ve had a couple 130mph Eliminator Daytona’s. Finally decided to get away from that whole scene and stick to fishing. Having to have the best and best looking boats, here I am.

Still researching which model I want, but it will be fishable.

Thank you guys in advance,and hope I can be of some use and not just a sponge.
Welcome! What kind of water will you be on and what kind of fishing? Looks wise I like the older boats, the newer 21s are great hills but, just my opinion, don't have the sharp crisp lines the older boats do.

BigRWater

I've ran the Columbia river with my old xtb-21 and my xb-2003 and it can get nasty in a hurry. The xtb was a better rough water boat and the newer 21s are even better than that. I've gone thru some bad stuff with the 2003 and it's ok, just hope the motor doesn't die because waves will come right over the back.
Thanks! The xtb-21 wasn't on my radar. It is great to have this from someone who has been on the Columbia.