Need some recommendations

Mc556

I am in no rush but trying to plan for the future longer distance river trips.
I have a new to me SS2000 Excell. It’s a 15in mid coned. 200efi. I’ll be adding a slider but will be used in the side by side seating 90% of time.
Currently there is a 30pitch 4 blade on it. I’ll post a pic but there are no clear markings of a brand. The upside is it rides stable and that’s great while I’m learning. I haven’t run the boat all out so I’m not sure max rpm etc. it goes on plane fast. Of course I have no reference so maybe it’s not for this boat lol.
Anyway I will be tracking range with GPS but I wanted to see what a good efferent prop( with good performance ) would be for fuel range. I want to run some rivers near Charleston and not run out of fuel. (24 gallon tank)
Posting pics of current prop pic if anyone want to identify.
I am obviously very new. I’ve done a lot of reading on props. I do understand the concepts of pitch, cup # of blades etc. putting all together not so much yet.

Attachments

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a good prop for 95% of your boating. You may find one with quicker hole shot or faster top end but I wouldn't worry about it unless you just want to play with props (which is a fun thing to do).

Mc556

Looks like a good prop for 95% of your boating. You may find one with quicker hole shot or faster top end but I wouldn't worry about it unless you just want to play with props (which is a fun thing to do).
That’s good to know then and saves some cash. I see so many recommendations in the 26-27 pitch range I wasn’t sure.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think those guys are running 260s or 280s that like a lot more rpm. I could be wrong tho. A 26 will give you a lot better acceleration but you'll lose a little speed on the big end and cruise at higher rpm.

Mc556

Top end cruise light Hoss Triton 1 30p, with load Hoss Hyperdrive
Seems like the same few props get mentioned the most
Hoss especially. For now I’ll just focus on seat time with what I have. I tend to overthink things vs just enjoying what’s in front of me

Mc556

Not in order, my picks: Hoss (Tim Bostick), Performance Prop (Tim Hackney), Hydromotive (Todd), Bob Lipton When the time comes, at least talk to these guys. Most run Allisons, Streams, STV, etc.

There are some very good reputation prop guys out there I just haven't dealt with, Tillman comes to mind.
I’ll be back on the water Sunday and will be picking up the pace of the conditions are good. I’ll keep seeing how this current prop works and taking some notes

Dmax.ca

Probationary User
I've got a ss2000 Excel with 225x Promax. I love my Hoss Triton for 1up high speed running. But i use a Yamaha T1-25 99% of the time. It gets up quick, great lift and very low slip numbers.

gmorgan

That appears to be a Spinelli Brothers prop. It could be a great prop for your rig. You’ll just have to compare.