Need some help...who's good with a computer - Rally Map

Allyfishing

What I would like to do is have a map of Watts Bar that can be printed out on a sheeet of paper edge to edge with landmarks of all the places we go along with the marinas, restaurants and lodging choices we put up on the forum posts.

i think that would be handy to have for the newcomers. GPS coordinates on a "legend" would be cool too

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmmmm, I have been poking around recently and I think it may take a couple pages since the lake is so big. A single page will need a magnifying glass to distinguish the different spots (at least for my eyes).

Here is a list of marinas with links to their individual websites:

https://wattsbarlakeassociation.org/marinas/

http://www.wattsbar.info/POI/Marinas

I will see what I can find for maps too.

Last edited:

skewby

i forgot that dave is retired now and is a computer guru. we need to find more stuff him to do so he wont drive red crazy.

Allyfishing

Hmmmm, I have been poking around recently and I think it may take a couple pages since the lake is so big. A single page will need a magnifying glass to distinguish the different spots (at least for my eyes).

Here is a list of marinas with links to their individual websites:

https://wattsbarlakeassociation.org/marinas/

http://www.wattsbar.info/POI/Marinas

I will see what I can find for maps too.

Hey even if it were on a few pages it would still be handy to have. Getting a visual of where these spots are pinned on a map and kept in the boat for a newbie would be a real help. Now if you have a really good GPS display then all ya need is to visit a spot one time and mark it as a waypoint.

skewby

you missed spelled my name craig????? not to mention i think i finally have this place figured out and can get to most of the marina's

dubmoney

I am good with computer and can print up to 36"× 48" at work. Text me your email address and I will send you guys a rough draft to scribble on and I will add the locations and GPS coordinates to the map. 503-539-3720

XB03AllyProud

That would be great to have a wall hanger for at Terrace View and laminated, then each day dry erase marker on it the planned itinerary for all us newbies to visually see. I have huge PA/WV/ OH maps on my office walls out here at work to mark rig locations etc , works great. See what you started Whitney(dubmoney), lol. Laminated gets pricey depending size but you can do the same with good quality clear plastic wrapped over edges and taped. You know you have to deliver final version personally, right?

dubmoney

Roy I will will make one just for you. I laminate construction drawings all the time, so it's no big deal for me at all. I emailed Craig the first draft of the map today. I am getting excited.

XB03AllyProud

Oh, I'm good Whitney. Between Google Earth and such I think I already have lake memorized. I'll have my GPS's loaded on each boat too. Thanks though. You got lodging booked? We got house rented on south end but now SIL maybe changing things up, so we may be changing that to something else closer if just Tonya an I.

Jr in Jax

When ever my Wife and I attended the 15 rally, one of the first things we did was to buy a waterproof Watts Bar map from a local marina. We now have a shelf full of them from all the new places we have visited.

dubmoney

Oh, I'm good Whitney. Between Google Earth and such I think I already have lake memorized. I'll have my GPS's loaded on each boat too. Thanks though. You got lodging booked? We got house rented on south end but now SIL maybe changing things up, so we may be changing that to something else closer if just Tonya an I.
I haven't booked anything yet. Let me know if it makes sense to get a place near each other. Does that mean you might not bring the Toon? My girlfriend doesn't like to go fast. Does that mean I should dump her lol.

Allyfishing

Hey Whitney, I see by my emails that you and Dave Smith are creating a map. If you are working together that would be great!!

Allyfishing

Ben, putting together a map with all the landmarks we all know so that when some new folks attend the rally we can have it hanging (large one) somewhere and it can be referenced. And/or, hopfully, have a few made up (small) that owners can keep in their boat to find their way around. i'm looking to free up some of my time as well so when you call me that the stripers are "ON" I can drop what I'm doing and head your way!!!

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another good thing for the map would be all the different names certain places go by, like sugar valley/ gizmo, which goat island is which, etc...