Need schooled (2+2 and other ?s)

BigBassB

New to the forum and and a newly found addiction in Allison boats.

I am looking for a bass fishing tournament boat that can also double as a weekender with the family. This is what lead me to the Allison 2+2.

I actually have a few questions.

1l How is the tournament fishing ability of a 2+2 boat like? I've read tons of comments about it working out great (especially for the co) but wanting some additional input.

2) I honestly could care less about going super fast. My priorities revolve around the fishing platform and the ability to haul around my family. I also like the fuel efficiency that I keep reading about. I can't afford a new one, and will probably be more interested in an older model so what model boat would you recommend?

3) Where is the best place to find a boat as recommended above? The more I've looked the more I'm noticing how rare they are.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm seriously considering an Allison for these reasons and more but would like to hear opinions from some real life experience.

Thank You

JWolff

I dont fish tournaments any more but would have no issue with using my 2+2 in a tourney.
They were first built in 2003. A used 2003 model year still typically go for around 30k.
There are some in texas. Hook up with one of the guys for a walk through and a ride.

JWolff

Only difference between the old ones and the new ones are the consoles are bigger for newer bigger electronics and the e-ped. Thats it. Hull is exactly the same.

BigBassB

2003? I thought I've seen some in the late 90s that were 2+2 seating. What specific model are you referring to? The XB 21? What about the XB2003?

Last edited:

JWolff

I am talking xb21. There are xtb's and 2003's with seating for 4 but when people talk 2+2 it typically os in reference to the newer 21' boats. The older ones were built for 2.5L motors and those are getting harder to find (the motors i mean). Many on here have had a 2003 and then moved up to a xb21. I have not heard of one person that would go back.

Last edited: