moving batteries to the center.

Speedman

So I decided to move my batteries to the center from the port side. got some new boxes and put them in, only to realize, the cables weren't long enough. since I had a tourney, the next morning, I decided to move my 2 large dry boxes, 1 for tools, 1 for anchor, to the center and strap them down. At the end of the day, I checked them to see how the stood up and were surprised by the amount of water on the lids, which raises the question of ...If I put batteries I think I will have a problem with water!. the boxes have vents in the top and they will get wet? Ther water seems to be coming in when I get off plane and goes through where the wires and fuel lines come in. any suggestions? Oh yeh, won the race, but didn't get any hawgs!...but still won the race!!!!

brotherxb03

I moved my 2-105's in the center,Had to add about 8" to the starboad positive I used a crimp splice with the crimp tool. MY batterirs are just in a good hold down. Also I too get water sometimes form backwash. I made me a prop holder with a stainless rod threaded on one end flanged on other and put spare prop and tool box in rear port compartment.