Mounting the transducer on skid planer.

I know some of you have mounted you transducer on your skid planer. I am considering it but, I am curious to see if it has affected your boats performance. Is it best to mount it further forward or towards the back of the boat? What speed does the transducer lose reception? Are there any drawbacks? Now, I switch to the thru hull sonar to get readings at higher speeds so I’m not as concerned about the reception as I am about the transducer creating turbulence for the prop. I currently run anywhere from 1/8” below pad and higher. I am just wanting to make sure I’m not overlooking something before I bolt the planer back on and add the transducer.

GotMyAlly

Tim Powell I believe did some testing and found that mounting it on the skidplate cost you several mph. Might reach out to him for more details.

With thru hull for speed, I'm not sure I see any advantage to mounting it on the skid plate vs hanging it off the jackplate.

Rled

I'm interested also about that. Anyone have a photo of the jackplate mounting?

Rled

Thanks, I think I will fabricate a bracket with slotted mounting holes , for adjustment.