Mounting a H-Bird DI at console

THutch

I plan to mount a H-Bird Helix 7 DI / GPS at the console of my XB2003 this coming weekend. My understanding is the DI transducer must be mounted in the water, cannot be thru hull. There are 4 screws on lower part of the transom where a transducer previously was mounted so I intend to use those. But, I don't want to drill more holes in the transom to hold the cable. Can glue be used for the cable? Or is there a better method?

Also, if someone else has a Helix or similar unit mounted on an XB2003, I'd like to see pics of the transom mount transducer and console mounted screen. I am trying to decide if a RAM mount is needed at the console.

Thanks for your help.

GotMyAlly

Most have mounted the SI/DI transducers on the jackplate so they are in the water at low speeds only. They'll be out of the water at high speeds, but that's OK in my book.....those transducers are expensive and I've already ripped two off even with mine being mounted so that they are out of the water once on plane. I've got a second transducer in the hull that provides traditional sonar only, and that gives me depth, etc when on plane. My ducer cable is ran through the inside of the jackplate.....no more screw holes for cable management. Just used zip-ties where appropriate.

THutch

Most have mounted the SI/DI transducers on the jackplate so they are in the water at low speeds only. They'll be out of the water at high speeds, but that's OK in my book.....those transducers are expensive and I've already ripped two off even with mine being mounted so that they are out of the water once on plane. I've got a second transducer in the hull that provides traditional sonar only, and that gives me depth, etc when on plane. My ducer cable is ran through the inside of the jackplate.....no more screw holes for cable management. Just used zip-ties where appropriate.
That is a great idea. I'll mount mine in that fashion and leave the one in the hull that gives me "on plane" data.