Motor Beep with New Battery

JWolff

So I installed a new X2 battery this winter (something like 1150 cca) and on the maiden voyage on monday I would get a quick half a second beep from the motor when I would trim during initial holeshot. Happened on the majority of the take offs and only at the beginning movement of the motor (when the nose is high and boat just getting going). Never beeped while trimming during normal cruising. The battery is a new agm. The charger says it is charged but could it be low and causing the beep?
Never happened with my old 800 cca battery.

skewby

mine has done the same thing a time or 2 after not running the boat for a while and the battery gets a lil weak. after a day of running mine always quits.

JWolff

Finally got the boat out again today.

Total disaster. But to answer Tims question. Only one single beep when turning the ignition key.

ROBERT CROSS

Hoping the 'disaster' was NO FISH in the boat. ????

On our new 200XS....I've found the the horn will shut down if I'm doing something that the requires turning the ignition on/off several times without starting, goes back to normal after starting. :confused:

Only one beep here also.....

JWolff

Read my other post with water pressure in the title. That is the disaster. Cant keep my motor running under load.

But on a positive note. The couple times I planed out successfully i did not have the issue in this post replicate.

Tim Powell

Reading this again makes me think you have a loose power or ground wire on the engine. Ive never seen the fusible link blow without a short of some kind (IE: changing battery and accidently touch the positive and negative together). You can test the fusible link by removing the power cable from the alternator and from the starter solenoid and check the continuity of the cable with a meter....if you don't feel comfortable doing that you can remove the power cable from the alternator and check for battery voltage (12+ V DC) on the cable. Just make sure you do not short the wrench or cables to ground or it will blow the link.

I would double check all power and ground connections.

Last edited: