Monster fall Smallmouth

flatout

We just did a tournament on Lake Simcoe called the "Crackle Cup". Man my arms are still sore from haulin in those hogs. Our big fish was a 6.2 lb smallie :shock: and our total weight for 5 fish was 25.57 lb. :lol: And we missed another giant at the boat! I estimate that would have put our weight to 28 lb cause we weighed in a "dink" 4 lb. Big fish for the weekend was a 6.8 lb toad that looked more like a carp than a bass.
The only downside was we were 10 min late getting back that cost us .25 lb ? miniute. We still finished in 6th even with the weight penalty. A dead cranking battery caused us to be late. We had to rope start my V6 :oops:
Go to www.ontariobass.com to see the writeup.

jimmyb

most impressive...

gotta hate those dink 4# fish!!! geez, we have gotten many a big bass pot with a dink 4# around here!

what kind of techniques did you use to catch the fish? what was your water temps?

fishmesser

I'm with you Jimmy 4 lb. fish gets big fish here about 60% of the time.
Flatout sounds like you had a good day fishing and thats what its all about. $50.00 at Wal-mart will keep you from rope starting your motor. Buy the small jump box they are small in size light weight. work in the boat,car,truck,lawn mower,atv's or about any thing else run on 12v. Our bass club bought one to run our scales on. Well enought on the sales pitch Good job.
Tim

flatout

We were dragging Zoom Flukes in 25-30 feet of water on a hump out in open water. We were using 10 lb test P-Line Flourocarbon line and 1/2 oz. jigs with 3/0 Gamakatsu hooks. The secret was slow X 2 presentation. Almost had to leave it sit still on bottom and just drag it a few inches every minute or so and then the "click". When I set up on them I was sure it was a lake trout cause they would run and almost spool you. The first jump would be 150 feet from the boat and my heart just about jumped out of my chest when I saw the size of them. I have pictiures but not too sure how to post them!. :?: [/img]

fishmesser

Flatout go to the General form page. There is a post on there about the 2-3 post from the top that will take you step by step on posting pictures.
Tim