Michael Dixon Blowover

Hotprop

Administrator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Horvath posted this over on the S&F board. I realize some of the ally guys probably don't look over there, but may know Michael. Sounds like it was the "new" boat. Is that the outlaw setup he had at Gulfport? Best wishes for him and his family. Hope he heals up soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hate to be the one to post it, but it did happen. He was testing on the river at his house, puffed it, got it under control, and then got hit by a gust of wind. He had his jacket on, but no helmet. So, he got a gash on the back of his head and he's worried he broke his hip. If he wouldn't have pushed himself away from the boat when it was going over he'd be in bad shape. If he had his helmet on and it landed on him, he'd be in worse shape.

Pam took him to the hospital while Mike Clemmons and a couple of other guys tried to find the boat

They stopped trying to find the boat about half an hour ago. It hit flat upside down and sank like a stone. As far as I'm concerned I hope they never find it (except for the motor). My opinion, and only my opinion.

Michael is at the hospital now, and hurting, but it sounds like he's OK. I haven't talked to him but anyone who knows Dixon knows the texts have been flying At least it smacked him in the head, cause that is where it is gonna hurt him the least.

If this thread turns into some kind of stupid **** I'll delete it, and start over. Michael is a damn good friend of mine and many of us here, and right now we don't need to hear any crap.

jphii

He was getting ready for our ECDBA race this weekend, and it was the new boat. I talked to him last night about what was up with his boat. He was testing for 1/4 mile. So, he's on his way home now, and seems to be OK from the texts we've been exchanging (if you know Dixon you know that SOB can text) tonight.

While he is PROBABLY ok, plese keep him in your prayers just to be on the safe side.

Thanks,

Joe

bringit

damn mike i hope dixon will recover with no problem,shawn if ya need anything let me know mike

bigtis

just goes to show ya it can happen to the best of us.. Best wishes Dixon, get well soon.. cause I'm sure you already got another trick up your sleeve.:beer::beer:

whipper

WOW I hate hearing this. I hope Mike makes a full recovery. At least one thing with Mike you know he had his saftey gear on.

Last edited:

jphii

Update: He went home last night. I talked to him and he sounded pretty good. Sore but whole! They're gonna look for the boat today.

I'm back home and only thing broke is my pride. Got several staples in the back of my head. Bruised from head to toe but I'll be fine. Thanks everyone for the kind words!!! Got a crowd coming in the morning to try to recover it. The current is around seven mph but hopefully it'll get hung up somewhere close. I'll keep yall informed. Thanks again everyone. Dixon

bringit

u almost heard of mine 4 weeks ago,wooooooh makes your brown eye clinch factor through the roof!

Darth VMAX

Thanks for the clarification. I cant get on S&F. Hopefully all will be well and he can get back ont he water.

jphii

Dixon posted this on S&F a little bit ago:

Ok folks the boat is back on her trailer in the shop. I wanta thank all the folks that helped search. Shawn and Willie, Kevin and Rusty, Billy, Lee, and Roddy and Allen, Jackson and Randall, Sonny and Todd, and Mike, Wally and Johnny, Michael and Greg and Nick. Would've never found it without all the hours of searching. The boat somehow was found over a hundred feet upstream in a 6 to 7 mile per hour current?? Also found out what caused it. I run a trim limit switch that decided not to work that one pass. So people out there if you run one put another one in for safety and wire in parallel!!! Thanks again everyone and I hope I didnt leave any out. PS thanks Rick for information. dixon