Mercury Mechanic

grbert

I need to have the lower unit seals replaced in a 1999 200HP Merc Pro Sport with an Allison modified lower unit. Anyone have a recommended mechanic in the Southern Shores, NC to Virginia Beach area. Just looking for someone who may be familiar with the setup and is reliable. Thanks for any help.

Dick B

resqu-u

Hi grbert, I live right around the corner in Hertford, NC. Doug at DB marine is pretty solid. He replaced the seals in my sporty a few years ago and did a great job. If you want to drive to Richmond, VA Lee at sanderson marine are awesome.

Mick

Looks like your in eastern pa!? Didn’t know there were other ally’s here. Check out fullers marine in Toms River nj, scream and fly board sponsor and worked on mine. George and his staff r top notch

grbert

Hi grbert, I live right around the corner in Hertford, NC. Doug at DB marine is pretty solid. He replaced the seals in my sporty a few years ago and did a great job. If you want to drive to Richmond, VA Lee at sanderson marine are awesome.
Thanks for the replies. I know of Lee but was trying to avoid the long drive from the Outer Banks to Richmond. Is DB the small Merc shop that is on the main road traveling west into Elizabeth City?

resqu-u

Thanks for the replies. I know of Lee but was trying to avoid the long drive from the Outer Banks to Richmond. Is DB the small Merc shop that is on the main road traveling west into Elizabeth City?
Yes, it's on the RH side of the causeway after you come through Camden.