Merc 250XS looking for a Slimfast diet

M.ALEXIE

Was that with clamp and swing bucket? Are you using a 15" swing bucket or cut down 20"? The cut down 20" would be another weight savings.
That's with everything, no mods. My 15" 280 was listed at 375#s. I changed the Mid, adaptor, pan and powerhead.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

That's with everything, no mods. My 15" 280 was listed at 375#s. I changed the Mid, adaptor, pan and powerhead.
415 lbs. and still some room to pare down another 10-15 on the clamp and bucket. That is impressive. Do you think there is any value in looking at an adapter plate that would marry the 3 liter powerhead to a Merc mid?

M.ALEXIE

415 lbs. and still some room to pare down another 10-15 on the clamp and bucket. That is impressive. Do you think there is any value in looking at an adapter plate that would marry the 3 liter powerhead to a Merc mid?
I'm using the stock 3.0 adapter which is half the weight of the 2.5 hipro adapter.

whipper

Do you have any video of the 300pm running yet? i would love to see and hear how it looks and sounds on an Allison!!! Also have you tryed to run it high rpm yet? im thinking this is the setup I want for my GS if my 225 ever craps out. its been a golden motor for reliability just need more power and torque when i have passengers and for skiing.