Manual trim guage

doubletrouble

Have any of you installed astainless marine trim gauge,and is it worth
the trouble. Got one in today really hate to cut a three eights slot in
my dash. did not know i had to do that. Got my Hydro. steering in also.
Got my work cut out for me for few days. Doubletrouble :roll:

J

John Richied

With trim gauges a lot of guy’s say you don’t need one, drive by the feel (seat of your pants) but I like one. At a quick glance you know where you want the trim to hit a big wave, get a great holeshot, or make a top speed run.

If you don’t have a trim gauge or have a 15” midsection then heck yeah install the manual trim gauge. If you have the electrical trim gauge, that’s what I use and it has always been plenty accurate for me I think you are good to go!

The only reason I am thinking of going to a manual trim gauge, is then it would free up a hole in the dash of my XB-2002 (small dash) for a pyrometer.

BigRedAlli

doubletrouble,
Do you have a Xb2003? Mine is center steer,and the best place i could find to mount it, without leaving a permenent scar,was to the left side of the dash just above my cd player.their was a tournament designed plaque that's just a hair bigger than the gage.I put the gage there so if i ever take it out,i can reinstall the plaque to cover the hole.
Hope this helps you out...
Marty

doubletrouble

Guage placement

BigRed my boat is xb2003 but is side steer.All ready got the guage 315.00
bucks. Might as well use jt. Guess i should install the hydro steer first,and
see where to put the guage.Might put it in the way of steering.Thanks for
the info. doubletroble :roll:

GFinch

doubletrouble said:
Have any of you installed astainless marine trim gauge,and is it worth
the trouble. Got one in today really hate to cut a three eights slot in
my dash. did not know i had to do that. Got my Hydro. steering in also.
Got my work cut out for me for few days. Doubletrouble :roll:
Yes it's worth it, like John said. Put it as high as possable and easy line of sight. When you adjust it make sure to leave a little slack so the cable doesn't pull to far out. If you don't it will pull the end of the cable off or disconnect the return spring.

froggy

DoubleTrouble,

The Stainless Marine trim gauge is the way to go. I have both the trim gauge and the jackplate height gauges installed in my XB 2003. My setup has the "compromise" steering wheel location so I can drive from either the center or the right side(I have the side slide seat base). I have the jackplate gauge mounted on the right side of my wheel, kind of low since I do not refer to it when running. My trim gauge is left of the wheel in my normal instrument scan range.

I cannot do without these gauges since I test propellers, for a propeller manufacturer, and am always having to adjust engine height and live with differing trim scenarios.

froggy

ROBERT CROSS

After a weed suck-up episode, I put a cylinder head temp gauge in the open space behind the steering wheel on GS#1.

When I finally broke down and bought the Stainless gauge it ended up here...

Not the best location but one of the most useful up-grades.

GS#2 will get it where the VDO was.